Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Znets on Zee S2

Hello,
    I am considering adding a few (3) Znets to my Zee S2 as new z-wave interfaces/networks. How stable are the Znets and is there any well known gotchas I need to know about?

I plan to put around 40 devices on each znet, is this pushing it or?

What are the highest number of znets you guys have put on one zee s2?

thanks.
    Amigo

There are a few Homeseer users on the forum that have two Z-Net's going.

802.XX wireless can be utilized to extend the reach of the Z-Net.

You can extend a ZNet with a standard POE connection to a POE splitter like the reasonably priced TP-Links.

I keep my automation stuff on the wire; that is me.

I have seen way higher numbers of Z-Wave devices on one Z-Net.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you, so seems like having a few znets should be ok.
      The Znets will be all hardwired via cat5/6.
      The reason I am considering Znets is with my current z-wave network on my S2 I am finding that a lot of the nodes (total of 20 presently) drop off/lose comm for no obvious reason, over time. So if I get to the end of my rope, I will split this one z-wave network into 4, one part on S2, one part per Znet.
      Presently all my repeaters (6) stay functional/communicating all the time. But my hardwire powered thermostats stay online for 1-2 days, then they will all drop off.

cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X