Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper way of adding custom Plug-ins to HomeTroller Zee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper way of adding custom Plug-ins to HomeTroller Zee?

So I've been trying out this IP/IR/RS232 plugin by drule (just awesome) in my Windows PC running a trial version of HS3, the installation involved adding some files to the HS3 root directory, after that, the plug-in showed up just fine in my plug-in list.

But I also have a couple of HomeTroller Zee controllers on hand that I would like to get this running on. What would be the correct procedure for adding these types of custom 3rd party plug-ins to HS controllers?

Thanks.

The best procedure is to use the Updater from the Manage Plugins page.
    Does it show up ok in that list?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Thanks for replying rmasonjr.

The plug-in was downloaded from this forum, the files had to be added manually to my HS3 directory on my Windows PC.

How would I do this on my HomeTroller Zee?, the plugins page brings up the HomeSeer plugins library, there's no option for manually adding one there, unless I'm missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Hi Rob, that plugin is not in the updater.

Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
        So I've been trying out this IP/IR/RS232 plugin by drule (just awesome) in my Windows PC running a trial version of HS3, the installation involved adding some files to the HS3 root directory, after that, the plug-in showed up just fine in my plug-in list.

But I also have a couple of HomeTroller Zee controllers on hand that I would like to get this running on. What would be the correct procedure for adding these types of custom 3rd party plug-ins to HS controllers?

Thanks.
        You would need something like WinSCP to connect to the Zee from a Windows system and copy the files in a similar fashion.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Hi Rob, that plugin is not in the updater.

You would need something like WinSCP to connect to the Zee from a Windows system and copy the files in a similar fashion.

Cheers
          Al
          That's what I thought.

Just downloaded WinSCP, what protocol should I use? SFTP, SCP, FTP?, what about port number? username and password the same ones as my login to the web interface?

Comment

Originally posted by dchramcow View Post
            That's what I thought.

Just downloaded WinSCP, what protocol should I use? SFTP, SCP, FTP?, what about port number? username and password the same ones as my login to the web interface?
            See this thread for some/all of those details: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162297. I don't have a Zee, but I believe you would use SFTP and the password/username are different than the web interface.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for your help guys.

I was able to make 3rd party plugins show up correctly on my HomeTroller Zee after dropping the files on:

Code:
              /usr/local/HomeSeer/
              Using username and password:

homeseer
              hsthsths3

Comment

Working...
              X