Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcements not working since upgrade to .383 - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcements not working since upgrade to .383 - Solved!

Attached Files

Check your firewall and make sure both HS3 and the Sonos PI have access rights.
    Also make sure that you run HS3 as administrator!!
    Recommend you also step up to the 3.1.x.x. version of the PI that you can find in the beta section of the updater.

If still doesn't work, turn Pi debug flag on a make trace; post trace

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Check your firewall and make sure both HS3 and the Sonos PI have access rights.
      Also make sure that you run HS3 as administrator!!
      Recommend you also step up to the 3.1.x.x. version of the PI that you can find in the beta section of the updater.

If still doesn't work, turn Pi debug flag on a make trace; post trace

Dirk
      Did all that. no joy. tried deleting players again... this is what i see on config page. disabled plugin, enabled and turned debug on. attached logs.
      Attached Files

Comment

I would bet it is the .383 version of hs3 giving you the problem. I had that version installed and it would not even continue to run Jon's plugin script. I have since returned to .362 and it ended all my problems, misery, and woes. Once again I am Happy, Happy, Happy

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          Did all that. no joy. tried deleting players again... this is what i see on config page. disabled plugin, enabled and turned debug on. attached logs.
          You should never manually delete devices from the device page. Not sure where I should write it so that any new user of the PI knows that you should never, ever delete any of the devices the PI creates. You probably didn't know either . Reason is that the PI maintains a bunch of information that is totally irrelevant to HS3 so historically PIs have stored that info in .ini files. As of HS3, you can store info into HS devices, but I have a lot more info that doesn't belong to a specific device.

So your sonos.ini file is now out of sync with the HS database, so nothing works anymore.

Unless you have a full backup you can go to, your only option is to stop hs3 (important don't skip this). Go to <hs root>\config and delete the sonos.ini file. You will lose all your linkgroups and events won't work anymore (they got hosed up anyway). Start HS3 and the Pi upon initialization will clean up anything and recreate the devices.

Sorry this happened to you, not sure where I would put a big warning.

Dirk

Comment

You should never manually delete devices from the device page. Not sure where I should write it so that any new user of the PI knows that you should never, ever delete any of the devices the PI creates. You probably didn't know either . Reason is that the PI maintains a bunch of information that is totally irrelevant to HS3 so historically PIs have stored that info in .ini files. As of HS3, you can store info into HS devices, but I have a lot more info that doesn't belong to a specific device.

So your sonos.ini file is now out of sync with the HS database, so nothing works anymore.

Unless you have a full backup you can go to, your only option is to stop hs3 (important don't skip this). Go to <hs root>\config and delete the sonos.ini file. You will lose all your linkgroups and events won't work anymore (they got hosed up anyway). Start HS3 and the Pi upon initialization will clean up anything and recreate the devices.

Sorry this happened to you, not sure where I would put a big warning.

Dirk
            I don't have that many events, so not that big of a deal in my case. I do have backups ... can i just copy the sonos.ini file over if i want to go that way?

As for a warning... I'm no programmer, but either get rid of the delete button on the config page, or put a big warning next to it

Comment

As for a warning... I'm no programmer, but either get rid of the delete button on the config page, or put a big warning next to it
              The delete button on the config page is the right way to go, I was referring to deleting devices from the HS device management page. To make it more challenging, changes in HS over time broke that function causing the delete button on my config page to be unreliable for the 3.0.x.x version. 3.0x.x. has been end-of-life'd 2 years ago, so no more fixes. It should work properly in the 3.1.x.x baseline. Replacing 3.0.x.x. with 3.1.x.x in the updater is another story but I guess after 2 years, maybe it is time to get rid of it all together and deal with the fall out.

Dirk

Comment

The delete button on the config page is the right way to go, I was referring to deleting devices from the HS device management page. To make it more challenging, changes in HS over time broke that function causing the delete button on my config page to be unreliable for the 3.0.x.x version. 3.0x.x. has been end-of-life'd 2 years ago, so no more fixes. It should work properly in the 3.1.x.x baseline. Replacing 3.0.x.x. with 3.1.x.x in the updater is another story but I guess after 2 years, maybe it is time to get rid of it all together and deal with the fall out.

Dirk
                ok... so that is all i did... delete using your button. never on the device management page.

do you still need me to proceed with recreating the .ini file then?

Comment

ok... so that is all i did... delete using your button. never on the device management page.

do you still need me to proceed with recreating the .ini file then?
                  Bummer, too bad it got broken over time on that version.

So yes I would recommend you still stop hs and delete the ini file. I did look briefly at the log you posted, I think we have 2 issues. One is that your data is corrupt so the delete of the ini file will fix that. But the log showed zero devices being found, so there is still something else not Kosher. If not the firewall, any changes to your network? Maybe added google wireless or one of these meshed network wireless devices? Which version were you running when you took the screen shots? It looks version 3.1.x.x based but you wrote on the post above it that you were running 3.0.x.x. Reason is that version 3.1.x.x has its own UPNP subsystem and if the firewall is not set properly, it won't work, period, including that you appear to be able to control devices but autonomous updates would be blocked by firewall and things like announcements wouldn't work. In version 3.0.x.x is was part of windows so unless SSDP, UNPN wasn't running, the firewall would not affect it at all.
                  Summary:
                  1. Delete ini file
                  2. tell me which version you have now
                  3. Network changes?
                  4. Check Firewall (not not AV, but the firewall part of it)

We first need to get to the point where we discover the devices properly and then see if we still have an announcement issue. Typically with announcement issues, it is either that PI/HS are not running as administrator (they write into a section that needs admin rights) or the firewall is filtering out autonomous replies which could start manifesting itself after 1/2 hour of seemingly OK functioning.

Dirk

Comment

ok.... no devices found. here's what I did/answers:

Delete ini file - DONE
                    tell me which version you have now - 3.1.0.22
                    Network changes? - see below
                    Check Firewall (not not AV, but the firewall part of it - see attached picture

An no new network devices. The only think I did recently is install and signup for Spotify, which uses some sort of "connect" that allows you to control sonos devices from their app. could that have anything to do with it?

I turned on debug, turned off the plugin and then turned back on again to capture logs if those help at all.

I notice that it keeps talking about 192.168.249.97 - my subnet is 192.168.1.xx where all my sonos devices are (although i'm no expert here, and that may actually be correct).

Also... another point, i'm using a Sonos Bridge (still) if that matters)
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Tomgru; November 21, 2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

ok.... no devices found. here's what I did/answers:

Delete ini file - DONE
                      tell me which version you have now - 3.1.0.22
                      Network changes? - see below
                      Check Firewall (not not AV, but the firewall part of it - see attached picture

An no new network devices. The only think I did recently is install and signup for Spotify, which uses some sort of "connect" that allows you to control sonos devices from their app. could that have anything to do with it?

I turned on debug, turned off the plugin and then turned back on again to capture logs if those help at all.

I notice that it keeps talking about 192.168.249.97 - my subnet is 192.168.1.xx where all my sonos devices are (although i'm no expert here, and that may actually be correct).

Also... another point, i'm using a Sonos Bridge (still) if that matters)
                      Spotify changes didn't cause this but you did hit the nail on the head, your network settings are off. The PI asks HS3 which network information it uses. So this is a HS3 setting, (i'm not in front of an HS3 screen) but somewhere under setup/conf network and there is a selection which network interface to use. Are you running this as a VM? I always use the default and not overwrite it with a specific network interface UNLESS you really intent to, say VM or multiple network interfaces. There is NO broadcasting between subnets so UPNP by design doesn't work. In other words, your Sonos player and this PI MUST be in the same subnet.
                      Good catch.

Dirk
                      Last edited by dcorsus; November 21, 2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Spotify changes didn't cause this but you did hit the nail on the head, your network settings are off. The PI asks HS3 which network information it uses. So this is a HS3 setting, (i'm not in front of an HS3 screen) but somewhere under setup/conf network and there is a selection which network interface to use. Are you running this as a VM? I always use the default and not overwrite it with a specific network interface UNLESS you really intent to, say VM or multiple network interfaces. There is NO broadcasting between subnets so UPNP by design doesn't work. In other words, you Sonos player and this PI MUST be in the same subnet.
                        Good catch.

Dirk
                        ok... I am using VM. should have said that.

My HS3 is on 192.168.1.154

this is what the Network settings look like, with "no binding" currently selected". should I pick the 154 address

funny that this stopped working. I'll bet it had something to do with the windows updates that reset something?

As a side note, I sometimes seem to lose connection to my znet... i have to reboot it and restart HS3. seems to work after that. wonder if it's related to same issue?
                        Attached Files

Comment

ok... I am using VM. should have said that.

My HS3 is on 192.168.1.154

this is what the Network settings look like, with "no binding" currently selected". should I pick the 154 address

funny that this stopped working. I'll bet it had something to do with the windows updates that reset something?

As a side note, I sometimes seem to lose connection to my znet... i have to reboot it and restart HS3. seems to work after that. wonder if it's related to same issue?
                          Have to admit, I'm no expert on VMs, but if your znet and sonos players are on the 192.168.1.x subnet, perhaps that's what you should select over no-binding. Maybe HS3 gets confused itself? Try it, you probably need to restart the PI as it picks these things up only at init time.

Dirk

Comment

crazy... tried that, now i see this in logs: (notice the 127 subnet now)

Nov-21 11:43:02 AM
                            Sonos
                            Registered SpeakerProxy
                            Nov-21 11:43:02 AM
                            Sonos
                            CreateSonosControllers called but no devices found
                            Nov-21 11:42:38 AM

Plug-In
                            Finished initializing plug-in Sonos
                            Nov-21 11:42:22 AM
                            Sonos
                            Sonos Plugin Initialized
                            Sonos
                            InitIO Called for Instance =
                            Sonos
                            InitIO for Instance = found this plugin running on Linux = False
                            Sonos
                            InitIO Called for Instance = and running on OS = Win32NT
                            Sonos
                            InitIO for Instance = found HS running on Linux = False
                            Sonos
                            InitIO for Instance = found CurrentAppPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3
                            Info
                            Plugin Sonos has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:63420
                            Nov-21 11:42:07 AM
                            Web Server
                            Web Server started on IP Address 192.168.1.154, port 80
                            Web Server
                            The web server has been bound specifically to IP address 192.168.1.154
                            Web Server
                            Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.249.97 (255.255.255.240)
                            Web Server
                            Web Server stopped

Comment

Just for info, im running 387 beta and my sonos tts still works

Regards
                              Bart
                              Regards Bart
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                              HSPRO 3.
                              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Working...
                              X