kinect v1 vs v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinect v1 vs v2

Has anyone used the v2 with the plugin and is there better noise cancellation with it to single out voice commands?

I have a v2 that I have an adapter back ordered so I am wondering what to expect when the adapter arrives?

Thanks in advance!

the kinect v2 is not yet supported by this plugin

I plan to support v2, but the SDK for v2 is not backward compatible with v1, so that means I would have to rewrite a lot of things in the plugin.
    Moreover kinect v2 is a bit expensive and needs windows 8 and USB3, so that's a lot of limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I plan to support v2.
      YAY! The v2 works way better with Xbox and I look forward to doing my own SDK explorations with v2 -- can't wait for you to put out the v2 capable plugin...

Comment

Hey Spud, I'm building a new Kinect server and it will have a few USB3 root hubs on it, and a few USB2 - So when the Kinect 2 goes into a Beta stage, will you post it to play with???

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
          Hey Spud, I'm building a new Kinect server and it will have a few USB3 root hubs on it, and a few USB2 - So when the Kinect 2 goes into a Beta stage, will you post it to play with???
          +1

Comment

Working...
          X