Repeating announcement after adding audio file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeating announcement after adding audio file

Hi Dirk, since I have added an audio file to be played before the TTS announcement as seen below, I am getting duplicate announcements, I have the debug available, if you would like to see it ? PM or emailed ?

Speak string:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Vehicle entering driveway.

The mp3 file path and the pipe character are the only additions to this action that had been running without issues for years.

(The event is also only triggering once)

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
    Mike

Originally posted by mikesnook View Post
    Hi Dirk, since I have added an audio file to be played before the TTS announcement as seen below, I am getting duplicate announcements, I have the debug available, if you would like to see it ? PM or emailed ?

Speak string:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Vehicle entering driveway.

The mp3 file path and the pipe character are the only additions to this action that had been running without issues for years.

(The event is also only triggering once)

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Which PI version?
    Can you post screen shot of linkgroup table and event details.
    You are sure the beep.mp3 is just a beep
    Look at any Sonos Controller while the announcement plays. Do you see 2 items in the queue or 4? Do you see it repeating twice?
    You can post a log, don't PM me, and make sure the log still has the cr/lf in it so it is readable.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Which PI version?
      Can you post screen shot of linkgroup table and event details.
      You are sure the beep.mp3 is just a beep
      Look at any Sonos Controller while the announcement plays. Do you see 2 items in the queue or 4? Do you see it repeating twice?
      You can post a log, don't PM me, and make sure the log still has the cr/lf in it so it is readable.

Dirk
      PI Version: 3.1.0.22

Lol yup just a beep

I've attached the (log to disk) debug log file, hopefully that is what you need.

I will need to wait until morning to test the items in the queue, wife will jump out of bed if the driveway notification goes off at this time of night !

Thank Dirk!

Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

PI Version: 3.1.0.22

Lol yup just a beep

I've attached the (log to disk) debug log file, hopefully that is what you need.

I will need to wait until morning to test the items in the queue, wife will jump out of bed if the driveway notification goes off at this time of night !

Thank Dirk!

Mike
        Check your event. I see SpeakIn called twice for the first event capture in your log with 4 seconds in between

Comment

Check your event. I see SpeakIn called twice for the first event capture in your log with 4 seconds in between
          The event is the same one I've been using for years, only the addition of the beep mp3 is new, see the attached for the event in question, also its not able to be re-triggered for 5 seconds using the event options, looks ok right ?

Dirk I just noticed, the SpeakIn is being called twice, once for driveway notification and the one 4 seconds later is for the garage door opening notification.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mikesnook; March 12, 2018, 11:31 PM.

Comment

The event is the same one I've been using for years, only the addition of the beep mp3 is new, see the attached for the event in question, also its not able to be re-triggered for 5 seconds using the event options, looks ok right ?
            Looks OK ... but ...

3/12/2018 8:38:44 PM : SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Vehicle entering driveway., Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$all$DEFAULT:*, PIInitialized = True
            3/12/2018 8:38:48 PM : SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Mike's Garage Door, Open., Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$all$DEFAULT:*, PIInitialized = True

As you can see 4 seconds apart. Sure there isn't some other event somewhere that gets triggered?

The log had more events but they look OK

3/12/2018 8:39:24 PM : SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Mike's Garage Door, Closed., Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$all$DEFAULT:*, PIInitialized = True
            3/12/2018 8:40:30 PM : SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Erin's Garage Door, Open., Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$all$DEFAULT:*, PIInitialized = True
            3/12/2018 8:42:23 PM : SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Vehicle leaving driveway., Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$all$DEFAULT:*, PIInitialized = True

Comment

Looks OK ... but ...

3/12/2018 8:38:44 PM : SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Vehicle entering driveway., Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$all$DEFAULT:*, PIInitialized = True
              3/12/2018 8:38:48 PM : SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Mike's Garage Door, Open., Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$all$DEFAULT:*, PIInitialized = True

As you can see 4 seconds apart. Sure there isn't some other event somewhere that gets triggered?

The log had more events but they look OK

3/12/2018 8:39:24 PM : SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Mike's Garage Door, Closed., Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$all$DEFAULT:*, PIInitialized = True
              3/12/2018 8:40:30 PM : SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Erin's Garage Door, Open., Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$all$DEFAULT:*, PIInitialized = True
              3/12/2018 8:42:23 PM : SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files\beep.mp3|<voice required='Name=Microsoft Zira Desktop'>Vehicle leaving driveway., Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$all$DEFAULT:*, PIInitialized = True
              yup they are two different TTS messages, the driveway notification played twice, the garage door notification was only heard once.

Comment

Dirk I just noticed, the SpeakIn is being called twice, once for driveway notification and the one 4 seconds later is for the garage door opening notification.
                sorry missed this part ....

Comment

no problem, I added it not long ago ,when i noticed it in the logs.

Comment

no problem, I added it not long ago ,when i noticed it in the logs.
                    Well well, the back2back announcements are actually the cause. This code has been around for many years but perhaps the first time we use "multiple actions" in a single event and back2back different announcements.

What is happening is that the first event adds the beep and the text to the Sonos player's queue, however the second event is just added to the queue so the player now has 4 items in its queue and plays the queue again with the first event being repeated.

Need to study my code again but recall testing back2back announcements quite extensively but most likely never with | separated multi event announcements ... or.... something got broken over the years.

For now, *I think* you can just change the single speak action into two speak action into this single event, one with the beep by itself and one with the text to announce by itself all in the same event. See if that fixes the repeat for now while I need to find the time to see how to fix this and release an update.

Dirk

Comment

Well well, the back2back announcements are actually the cause. This code has been around for many years but perhaps the first time we use "multiple actions" in a single event and back2back different announcements.

What is happening is that the first event adds the beep and the text to the Sonos player's queue, however the second event is just added to the queue so the player now has 4 items in its queue and plays the queue again with the first event being repeated.

Need to study my code again but recall testing back2back announcements quite extensively but most likely never with | separated multi event announcements ... or.... something got broken over the years.

For now, *I think* you can just change the single speak action into two speak action into this single event, one with the beep by itself and one with the text to announce by itself all in the same event. See if that fixes the repeat for now while I need to find the time to see how to fix this and release an update.

Dirk
                      Awesome thanks for the explanation ! I will certainly try to split the speak actions up until you find time to take a closer look.

Thanks for your support and a great plugin Dirk!

PS. would be cool to have a setting in the plugin's config to prepend all speech with a wav/mp3 file, that might help with this issue to, maybe an easier fix

Cheers,
                      Mike

Comment

Splitting the speak actions is a good work around for now, seems to work just fine, unfortunately there is a bit of a delay between the beep and the speech, I guess not much can be done about that.

Comment

Hi Dirk, any chance you've had some time to look into the back2back announcements yet ? Your work around continues to work but the delay between them is getting a little annoying

Thank you,
                          Mike

Comment

Hi Dirk, any chance you've had some time to look into the back2back announcements yet ? Your work around continues to work but the delay between them is getting a little annoying

Thank you,
                            Mike

Spend some time today and fixed it. Now need to post update v23, should show up in updater somewhere this week.

Dirk

Comment

Wow that's awesome thanks Dirk.

The anticipation of what the speech announcement was going to be after the beep was killing me

Comment

Working...
                              X