Support for PCS DBM (doorbell) module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for PCS DBM (doorbell) module

Considering adding pulseworx DBM to my system. Anyone know if this plugin is supported by the plug-in? Anyone using this module?

Yes. The nice thing about UPB is that they defined a standard set of capabilities. Each device has a configuration that defines its capabilities to the plug-in. Therefore new devices can be created and will in most cases be supported right away without a software update. This particular device has been around for a while. It should be recognized without issue.

I'm using a Simply Automated UMI module for this and a few other things (in one unit). Three sense inputs and two outputs.

Jon

Originally posted by sphiend View Post
    Considering adding pulseworx DBM to my system. Anyone know if this plugin is supported by the plug-in? Anyone using this module?
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

That's good news. On the module you are using, any issues or concerns if your doorbell is lighted? I have not yet looked at how my setup is wired as it's all up in the attic which is not easily accessible.

Comment

Doorbell sensors are usually current sensors. My switch is lighted. The light doesn't draw much current. I have heard of problems with electronic doorbells that don't draw much when they chime, but most work.

Jon

Originally posted by sphiend View Post
        That's good news. On the module you are using, any issues or concerns if your doorbell is lighted? I have not yet looked at how my setup is wired as it's all up in the attic which is not easily accessible.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X