Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Message & Can't get the WGL W800 to Function - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message & Can't get the WGL W800 to Function - Fixed!

I am trying the SimpleRF plugin and receive the following message:

Could not open the selected port. Check that the receiver is plugged in and try again. This can also be caused by more than one program listening on this port. Error: Unknown receiver type: WGL W800 Receiver
    Dan-O
    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Hey Dan-O,

Can you try this as a workaround?:

1. Select the MR26A, wait for the page to post (1-2 seconds)
    2. Then select the W800
    3. Click add

That should allow it. My intention was to have the new version with this bug fixed submitted to HS a couple of weeks ago, but hopefully this weekend I can do so. I'm also considering making the plugin free, so anyone thinking of buying it please hold off until after the new version is released.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, that's very generous of you. I don't begrudge anyone making a few bucks off their knowledge and work, your price point was quite fair.

The com port did open correctly after your work-around and it's showing in the plug ins as functioning. I'm not seeing the inputs from the motion sensors right now, I will report back later. I went to restart HS and the HS computer and its in the middle of a huge Windows update now. Been going for over an hour right now.
      It's a fresh install and I forgot to update to the new service pack when I was reinstalling windows 7 on Monday.

By any chance to you have some supportive documentation or a tutorial?

Thanks again!
      Dan-O
      Dan-O

Comment

I'm actually out of town right now and don't have access to my machine to generate a guide. At one point in time I did have some screenshots and documentation available, but I'm not sure why I never put it on the forums. Of course I cannot find them now. The plugin is pretty simple though, depending on your devices, you just need to add the devices via the web gui and then the devices should show up in your events page so that you can create events based on those devices. Please let me know if you run into any issues and I'll try to help out as best as I can.

Comment

I saw the update and I thank you!

I enabled logging to see why my devices aren't changing status.
          As an example, I am receiving the H1 on command (shows up in the log) which is one of my motion sensors but the actual status is not changing on the device page.

Does it matter how the device was created? When I open the H1 motion sensor, for some reason there isn't an X-10 tab.

Thank you again
          Dan-O

Comment

Hey Dan-O,

From what I remember there are two statuses, one for the text and another for the icon. Just speculating, it could be that the text status (once you open the device) is updated with the correct value but the icon doesn't change. What kind of motion sensor was it? As long as it was a simple one there shouldn't be any issues. Could you send me a PM with a snippet of your debug log and I can track down what is happening?

Comment

I just re-enabled the plug-in and here's a snippet of the log:

Mar-28 3:40:32 PM SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: H2 OFF
              Mar-28 3:40:13 PM SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: P9 OFF
              Mar-28 3:39:17 PM SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: P9 ON
              Mar-28 3:39:09 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in SimpleRF
              Mar-28 3:39:09 PM SimpleRF init Initializing Version 1.0.0.3 of SimpleRF...
              Mar-28 3:39:09 PM Info Plugin SimpleRF has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:54637

I even created a random device and that device doesn't change the state even after it's On command is logged.
              Am I to use the Mapping function to control or set the state of the motion sensro?

I use the regular X-10 motion sensors that transmit X-10 codes based on motion or no motion.
              Dan-O

Comment

Ah, that bug never got fixed. Sorry, I know what the problem is and it should be an easy fix. I am out of town right now so I can test it myself, but if I PM you with a new version can you test it out before I submit the update to HS?

Comment

Originally posted by edgar1898 View Post
                  Ah, that bug never got fixed. Sorry, I know what the problem is and it should be an easy fix. I am out of town right now so I can test it myself, but if I PM you with a new version can you test it out before I submit the update to HS?
                  Absolutely!
                  Dan-O

Comment

Sent PM. Please let me know

Comment

For anyone reading this, Chris fixed the bug this afternoon after I shared my setup and log and his free plugin is working great!

Thank you!
                      Dan-O

Comment

Working...
                      X