Reverse triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avpman View Post
    I got as far as enrolling the Zwave door sensor note and creating the Virtual Device. But I'm stuck on "For my test, I just created a virtual device to emulate a sensor so a status would change. I named it virtual gate sensor."

How do I associate the sensor with the virtual device?I can manually toggle the virtual device I created and the info gets to the Omni. But I can't seem to get the sensor to do affect the virtual device. I'm sure I missed something simple. Btw the Z-Wave door sensor has the following child devices created with it:
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
    The virtual device is just an example of a way for us to manually change a status in the example. You will not need it. I just made it to prove the point that any device can change status in the OMNI panel. In the real world for you, you would use whatever device (the Gate Sensor) that indicates status by changing to Non-Secure/Non-Secure or Open/Closed in HomeSeer. and substitute that where "this device changes and becomes" is referenced. The Device status name for each state can be changed to make better sense for easier programming. For instance in a device for a motion sensor, the default is Secure or Non-Secure, I change it to No Motion and Motion Detected. I do this so when I program it makes better sense...like..when using the trigger, "this device changes and becomes....UPSTAIRS MASTER BEDROOM MOTION DETECTOR changes and becomes MOTION DETECTED".

Using the information your provided, it's likely you would just use the Sensor Binary Device instead where we used the Virtual Sensor in the example.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
      The virtual device is just an example of a way for us to manually change a status in the example. You will not need it. I just made it to prove the point that any device can change status in the OMNI panel. In the real world for you, you would use whatever device (the Gate Sensor) that indicates status by changing to Non-Secure/Non-Secure or Open/Closed in HomeSeer. and substitute that where "this device changes and becomes" is referenced. The Device status name for each state can be changed to make better sense for easier programming. For instance in a device for a motion sensor, the default is Secure or Non-Secure, I change it to No Motion and Motion Detected. I do this so when I program it makes better sense...like..when using the trigger, "this device changes and becomes....UPSTAIRS MASTER BEDROOM MOTION DETECTOR changes and becomes MOTION DETECTED".

Using the information your provided, it's likely you would just use the Sensor Binary Device instead where we used the Virtual Sensor in the example.

-Travis
      Got it. Actually, making the virtual event was a useful educational exercise for me. Thanks Travis!

Comment

Awesome, glad to help!

-Travis

Comment

Working...
        X