No announcement yet.

Omni IIe, X-10, Powerline Interface Module configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you know the location for the hai.ini file in windows10? The search functioning in Windows 10 leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by PatMac View Post
      do you know the location for the hai.ini file in windows10? The search functioning in Windows 10 leaves a lot to be desired.
      If you are on the latest version of the plugin, it will be called OMNI.ini

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I edited my post above to using the Omni.ini file instead of the hai.ini file.

You do not need to use the Windows 10 search functions at all as the Homeseer directory structure is the same whatever OS you are using.

The Windows 10 search product is a documented piece of garbage; wondering who thought of it.

The replacement which is free is levels above the Windows 10 search function. It is called Everything.

Just utilize explorer and go to the Homeseer directory. Everything related to Homeseer is in the Homeseer directory.

When you edit the file make sure you are using administrative access and make sure that the plugin is disabled or even better that Homeseer is off.
        Last edited by Pete; October 19, 2017, 08:25 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ok, I must be an idiot here. I can't even find the HomeSeer folder.

What I doing wrong? I actually let Windows 10 scan the entire PC.

Comment

Naw, Windows 10 is protecting you.

Run explorer in administrative mode.

In 32 bit windows it will be under Program Files - C:\Program Files\Homeseer
            In 64 bit windows it will be under Program Files(x86)- C:\Program Files(x86)\Homeseer
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

@PatMac
              Your original post said you were running on a Zee S2.
              Are you now running HS on Windows?

The ini file lives whereever HS lives. If you are indeed running HS on a Zee, then the ini file is there.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you again for the help. Well, that didn't work either. We are going into overtime here

Let's back up for a second. Since this is a new install and I'm a newbie at this configuration. Maybe a few preliminary questions.

Does the computer I'm trying to find these files on need to be connected to the same router that the Homeseer box is connected to?

My computer is connected directly to the main router. The Homeseer box is connected to another router that connects to the main router.

Would any computer accessing the Homeseer box build the same win x86 directory?

Comment

Does the computer I'm trying to find these files on need to be connected to the same router that the Homeseer box is connected to?

The assumption is that the computer you are referencing should be running Homeseer 3.

Whether HS3 is running on a Linux box (RPi) or a Windows Box the directory structure is identical.

The Computer running Homeseer 3 should be on the same subnet as your Omni Panel.

Would any computer accessing the Homeseer box build the same win x86 directory?

No.

Any computer (windows, ios, linux) , tablet (windows, linux, android iOS), telephone (windows, android or iOS) with a browser can connect via browser to the Homeseer box.

Homeseer runs and resides in a directory called Homeseer on whatever type of computer you have it installed on.

From your OP (Original Post) you mention that you have a Zee2. This is a Raspberry Pi that runs Wheezy or Jessie Linux.

You can access the Homeseer 3 browser interface via any browser from any OS. You can modify Homeseer files using SSH or WinSCP from a windows computer or right from the RPi with a keyboard, mouse and monitor connected.

Now for a quickie recap.

1 - your computer running Homeseer 3 is a Zee2
                  2 - you installed the Omni Plugin and everything works except for X10 dimming specfically
                  3 - relating to the Amazon Echo?

The show of a debug log would be indicative of the chit chat between your Omni Controller, HAI TW-523 and Omni Plugin.

I am guessing that you have enabled debug and logging so it looks like this ==>

[ATTACH]63999[/ATTACH]

after you configure the page logging stuff go to the HS3 Home page then return this configuration page to make sure the configuration stuck.

Then shut down the plugin, re enable the plugin

and load the logs over here==>

[ATTACH]64000[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH]64001[/ATTACH]

Note that the HS3 GUI does not allow for Homeseer 3 file manipulation, changes et al. You can really only do this with a direct connect to the HS3 box.
                  Last edited by Pete; October 19, 2017, 05:23 PM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Ok.. Well I configured everything on the initial setup through the web based interface. I never installed the software to any main computer.

I just did. So now, can I retrieve the information I've already set up to my system on the web interface to the main Software that is now downloaded to my computer?

Comment

Is dimming of X-10 going to be possible with my setup? If so I'm in it for the duration, if y'all are willing. Thanks so much for the help.

Right now, The system works great and the plug-in is great! Everything old school in the house is now Star Trek. I wish Alexa would say "working" after "computer"

1 - your computer running Homeseer 3 is a Zee2

No computer was never running Homeseer 3 until just now.

2 - you installed the Omni Plugin and everything works except for X10 dimming specifically

Yes

3 - relating to the Amazon Echo?

Everything works fine except for dimming of X-10

Comment

Baby steps...

Can you do an on and off and dim via the Homeseer 3 gui of your X10 device?

============================================================ ============================

What specific X10 switch are you controlling. I have all of them here (in my automation X10 box) and can test the same switch here.

Here I have tested these functions (on, off, dim, brighten) to work fine here with my OmniPro 2 panel.

It works exactly the same as the UPB, ZWave and Zigbee devices (Units) connected to the OmniPro 2 panel.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks so much. I am going to work on it this weekend. I will probably get back to you on Monday. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
                          <o></o>
                          As for the X-10 units. I have just about everything, I would have to look up the numbers) Appliance Modules, Lamp Modules, Wall switches (old type push button ones, dimmable rocker switches, heavy duty switches), Wall outlets.<o></o>
                          <o></o>
                          Is there anything special I need to do to setup the software that is now on the computer? How do I get it to read the configuration that has already been setup?<o></o>

Comment

This is where you go baby steps...

If the Omni Variable X10 GUI on the HS3 web interface does work with an on or off or dim then you are validating that the Omni plugin is working.

You want to do a visual on the dimming light bulb with whatever X10 lamp module or switch you are using. Sometimes issues in communication are relating to power line noise. This also causes delays in the transmission. I rarely have seen this with the Omni panel HAI TW-523 X10 module. A few years back HAI did sell a dual phase configuration which was two TW-523's connected to both phases and one serial wire to the Omni Panel.

I never had issues with using one TW-523 on one phase long time ago. I did purchase the Jeff Volpe two phase device. It works as a single interface plus an amplifier for a second interface. I use both here.

The Amazon echo pieces are different and autonomous from the Omni Plugin.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I know for a fact that I cannot get anything to Dim using the Web interface. I will try with the software once I get it up and running.

I have rarely had any transmission issues with any of my X-10 devices. I did Years ago but then I installed an X10 XPCR Coupler Repeater Amplifier and never had issues again.

Comment

Yes if you move the dim bar on the Omni unit variable and it does not dim or brighten the device in question there is an issue.

Guessing you see a percentage when you move it too eh?

Validation of said function with the HAI P C Access program will rule out any controller / transmission issues.

Here the night turn on of internal and external lighting is an event that takes the lighting to 30% every night.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X