ConBee of dresden electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ConBee of dresden electronics

I see that the latest plugin version supports this ConBee Zigbee hub. I see it for sale on amazon.com and am interested in it. My current hue hub is very chatty on the network and requires a permanent connection to the internet to function correctly.

Would this replace my current hue hub or would it be in addition to?

I'm assuming that if the hue hub is replaced then I would no longer use the hue app?

With the ConBee being a usb stick, would that plug into my HomeSeer server (Windows 10) ?

thank you!

Chris,

It can replace your current hub. As the gateway software, deCONZ, is still in beta there is a lot going on. One of the steps activated now is that the Hue app is recognizing the RapsBee/ConBee as a 'standard' Philips bridge and can be connected to the app. But there are possible issues with it that is still worked on. But I am sure that at the end the developers are going to solve that also.

The Conbee as USB stick can be connected to the HS server, you need to add the deCONZ process on Windows to run the gateway functions. So if your Windows machine is having the space (it does not take to much) it is a very nice solution.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have ordered a ConBee from amazon.com and am eager to try it out.

Comment

Chris,

Be sure to check https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz/win/ for the latest beta of deCONZ.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Hello Wim,

Do you know if there's a way of manually upgrading the firmware of the RaspBee? I got one of these a couple of months ago when you updated your plug-in to support them (Thanks!). It registered fine with your plugin but after a few weeks it was being reported as unreachable. I tried resetting it from its web interface, to no avail, until I deleted it from the plugin and tried to re-register it. But it doesn't (tried without IP specifided on the plugin ini file and without it). Since then I get the messages below on the HS log. I thought of maybe trying a beta firmware from them if they have it. Or maybe you have another suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Oct-20 8:41:11 AM JowiHue Error: (BridgeFound):Column 'Name' does not allow nulls.
          Oct-20 8:40:41 AM JowiHue UPNP-backdoor no valid response from IP in INI file, Please check IP seems to be bridge, but not a correct response (is bridge updated to latest level?)
          Oct-20 8:40:41 AM JowiHue Warning: Found IP in INI file, checking if it is a valid address

Comment

Girardinus,

Please check this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...6&postcount=27 it is showing a script I did use to enter the beta part.... replace the .67 version in this script with .74. After the upgrade, go to the webapp (go to the ip adres of the raspbee in the webbrowser, user/pssw delight/delight) in the settings page it show you to upgrade the firmware also.

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

Will give it a try. Thanks!

Comment

Hello Wim,

This worked. Now I'm at 2.04.77 and the Raspbee is again registered successfully with your plugin.

Many thanks for your help!

Comment

Girardinius,

Great to hear

Keep an eye on that link I send you, development is fast... there is a .82 available since yesterday already.... a few improvements on stability in it

Thanks,
                  Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                  X