Soil Moisture sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil Moisture sensors

I have the professional standalone version installed. I also have a Davis Vantage Pro Plus weather station with 2 soil moisture sensors. These sensors report soil moisture as a number from 0 (wet) to 200 (dry). I can read these values from the cvs file. I also have the virtual weather station plugin for Homeseer installed and the values appear there as well. I also have the program set to use the ET data from the weather station.
    My questions is - Can I use the soil moisture data directly in the mcssprinkler program rather than the calculated value? There appears to be a place to enter a sensor, but I'm sure what information to enter.

Yes you can use moisture probes and Measured control strategy. Prior users of this capability have been using the Homeseer plugin version and entered a Device Code. It is now setup to accept xAP messages for the Standalone version. I will work with you to accept CSV inputs rather than xAP messages. I am currently accepting CSV for Davis sensor inputs. Is the soil moisture in the same file as temperature, humidty etc or a different one?

In the past the Davis moisutre probes have been problematic with issues of placement, battery life, and rapidity to register moisture increases during irrigation. Again, if you willing to work through any engineering issues associated with your install and mcsSprinklers then I will work with you.

Communication via email using address support at mcsSprinklers dot com will be the most expedient.

Comment

Working...
    X