No announcement yet.

Yamaha RX-V Series AV Receivers Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see that, too! (My receiver = RX-V777)

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
    I wonder if Blade could modify one of his AV receiver plugins to work with Yamaha receivers?

Comment

Originally posted by mandre View Post
      I'd love to see that, too! (My receiver = RX-V777)
      i'm Interested for a plugin (receiver=RX-v850)

Comment

I'm looking at a rxv479bl. Anyone have one of these and control it from homeseer? At a minimum I would need to query it's power status and turn it on and off via the network connection. From my initial investigation all the rxv amps use the same API. If I decide on this amp my end game would be complete control via a plugin.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

+1 I'd pay for a plugin

Comment

yes, me too. A Yamaha plugin would be useful

Comment

Unfortunately I only have a serial amp not and IP one so I can only write something that would work over RS232

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Well I did end up getting a rxv479 and I got to say I love it! It sounds great and the 4 buttons on the front that allow you to jump to different modes is a terrific idea in an amp. I can turn it on and off via script commands thanks to others here on the board so I know it's doable.

I did start a plugin but I haven't gotten very far, time is an issue right now with work being a priority. I started out with a desire to have the plugin search the entire network for all Yamaha receivers and control them without assigning fixed IP addresses. That requires using SSDP a subset of DLNA for device discovery. That was a steep learning curve as I'm not a professional programmer, but I have that working.

Next on my to do list is device creation. So far I have power, volume, and control of the 4 buttons on my list. I'm not sure what else I would need or want to remote control yet and I don't have a Yamaha API I can look at to determine what is possible, so if anyone has a wish list for what devices they would like to see in the plugin now would be the time.

Again, right now work is a priority so this isn't going to happen fast.

Comment

I have the list of Yamaha commands at home. I worked on the plugin for the Vera. I'll post it here when i get home later. You should be able to find it if you Google YNCA (YAMAHA Network control alias).

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
                    I have the list of Yamaha commands at home. I worked on the plugin for the Vera. I'll post it here when i get home later. You should be able to find it if you Google YNCA (YAMAHA Network control alias).
                    Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Comment

Link to .ZIP that looks like what I used
                      http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/th...portal.115040/

There is an attachment at the bottom of the thread with a .ZIP.

Lots of good stuff in there but I ended up mostly using one of the .XLS spreadsheets that would output the relevant .XML

Comment

i can get info yamaha receiver and put on device on homeseer but my info of my net radio it's not split ...

my script

Imports System.Net
                        Imports System.Text
                        Imports System.IO

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)
                        Dim logincookie As CookieContainer
                        Dim postData As String = "<YAMAHA_AV cmd=""GET""><NET_RADIO><Play_Info>GetParam</Play_Info></NET_RADIO></YAMAHA_AV>"
                        Dim tempCookies As New CookieContainer
                        Dim encoding As New UTF8Encoding
                        Dim byteData As Byte() = encoding.GetBytes(postData)

Dim postReq As HttpWebRequest = DirectCast(WebRequest.Create("http://192.168.0.33/YamahaRemoteControl/ctrl"), HttpWebRequest)
                        postReq.Method = "POST"
                        postReq.KeepAlive = True
                        postReq.CookieContainer = tempCookies
                        postReq.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
                        postReq.Referer = "http://192.168.0.33/"
                        postReq.UserAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; ru; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/4.0 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)"
                        postReq.ContentLength = byteData.Length

Dim postreqstream As Stream = postReq.GetRequestStream()
                        postreqstream.Write(byteData, 0, byteData.Length)
                        postreqstream.Close()
                        Dim postresponse As HttpWebResponse

postresponse = DirectCast(postReq.GetResponse(), HttpWebResponse)
                        tempCookies.Add(postresponse.Cookies)
                        logincookie = tempCookies
                        Dim postreqreader As New StreamReader(postresponse.GetResponseStream())

Dim NetRadio As String = postreqreader.ReadToEnd

hs.WriteLog("Radio Internet", NetRadio )

' Write string to Virtual Devices
                        hs.SetDeviceString("Y5",NetRadio, True)

End Sub

Comment

I another person interested in a Yamaha plugin RX-V3900

Comment

I am also very interested. I have two Yamaha receivers, RX-V475 and RX-A1020. I would love to be able to control from Homeseer. Has anyone found a solution? If anyone has any code to contribute that would be awesome! Also, put me on the willing to pay for a new plugin list

Comment

I would LOVE to be able to change the assigned audio input for an HDMI input. For example I have my HTPC connected to my projector via HDMI and when I have parties I play Gforce visualizer and change the HDMI input to play audio through an analog input (AV6) which I have connected to my record player. To make that change I have to use the OSD and do something like 15 button presses to make the change. Then when I'm done have to do it in reverse so I can get audio from the HTPC source. It's really incredibly annoying.

I could automate that via a macro using IR but with that number of commands its difficult, takes ~10s to make the change, and throws an ugly looking OSD on the screen. It would be so much better if I could change that through YNCA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X