This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release version 3.0.2.1

v3.0.2.1 was released to the updater this afternoon. It might take a day or so before it shows up in the list.

You will need to find the new plugin in the Security section of the updater. The top part of the screen will *not* show an update is available.
    Before you install the new plugin, disable and delete the HAI plugin.

As mentioned here, the HAI plugin has now been renamed OMNI and has moved from beta to release version.

It is very important that you make a backup of your system before you load this version. I cannot guarantee that I didnt miss something when converting your HAI settings and configuration to OMNI.

If your system is working, you may want to hold off updating until all the kinks are worked out.

There was only 1 incremental change for restarting the plugin on a disconnect.
    All other changes were strictly for changing HAI to OMNI.

This version now requires you to enter your license information. If you do not have your license handy, you can retrieve it from here or email support@homeseer.com

Post any issues you have with this version in this thread.
    Last edited by rmasonjr; August 4, 2017, 08:38 AM. Reason: info
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

The plugin is now available in the updater.
    Last edited by rmasonjr; August 7, 2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Make sure you disable the existing HAI plugin before installing the new OMNI plugin!
      Last edited by rmasonjr; August 7, 2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Thank you Rob!!
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

so during your test migrations did you see devices/events needing a rebuild or are they mostly working?

Comment

@Rob,

Just tested the license code data base with one of three emails and it worked as I see all of my licenses including the HAI plugin license.

Only one email address worked which is fine for me. That said email address (and other two email addresses) though doesn't work or is recognized in the Homeseer store at this time.

This lets me now proceed to testing the Omni Plugin.
            Last edited by Pete; August 2, 2017, 08:47 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
              so during your test migrations did you see devices/events needing a rebuild or are they mostly working?
              My devices migrated fine and so far, my event triggers are working as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                @Rob,

Just tested the license code data base with one of three emails and it worked as I see all of my licenses including the HAI plugin license.

Only one email address worked which is fine for me. That said email address (and other two email addresses) though doesn't work or is recognized in the Homeseer store at this time.

This lets me now proceed to testing the Omni Plugin.
                Thats good news!

Comment

Not seeing it available yet Rob. Will take a look when it becomes available.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                    Not seeing it available yet Rob. Will take a look when it becomes available.

-Travis
                    Yeah, I've been monitoring as well. I do know HST had to make some changes on the back-end to get it 'renamed'

Comment

Hey Rob,

Do you know if (once available) it is "supposed" to just show up as an update in the Plug-In Manager or if we will have to go to "Security" and Select it? Can you maybe define the expected process (including the shutdown the HAI PI before proceeding)?

-Travis

Comment

I'd also like to know the specific back up steps.

Comment

Here back up the entire Homeseer directory with Homeseer OFF.

Then restart Homeseer and update the plugin.

Been doing this since Homeseer 2 days and it works 100% of the time.

There is no magic here. You are freezing your current set up before updating.

If you need to go back to the release before the update you just restore the backup directory.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                            Hey Rob,

Do you know if (once available) it is "supposed" to just show up as an update in the Plug-In Manager or if we will have to go to "Security" and Select it? Can you maybe define the expected process (including the shutdown the HAI PI before proceeding)?

-Travis
                            You will have to manually check the Security section of the updater. It will not show an update available in the top part of the updater.

Comment

Originally posted by chasers03 View Post
                              I'd also like to know the specific back up steps.
                              Like Pete said, the safest way on Windows is to just copy the entire folder somewhere.

There are other methods as well. BLBackup is a good solution. I personally use my own Linux shell script to backup the entire folder.

What OS are you running?

Comment

Working...
                              X