Leviton Z-Wave Plus Dimmer (DZ6HD-1BZ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leviton Z-Wave Plus Dimmer (DZ6HD-1BZ)

I have historically used UPB switches but beginning a new home automation project and I want to give Z-Wave a try. One feature of UPB that I really like and have used heavily is the ability for switches to generate events (i.e. broadcast scenes) when you press a power on or power off button locally. I am going to use HomeSeer HS3Pro to tie everything together and found HomeSeer Z-Wave Plus Dimmers/Switches (i.e. HS-WD100+) that generate events with double-tap, triple-tap, etc. Leviton DZ6HD-1BZ dimmers support Instant Status which I believe provide similar capability and I like these because I can get Brown trim kits for them. Does anyone use these currently and if so, how do they show up in HS3 device list? Any pointers to pictures/video of using these switches/dimmers with HS3 would be appreciated.

Originally posted by GlennWo View Post
    I have historically used UPB switches but beginning a new home automation project and I want to give Z-Wave a try. One feature of UPB that I really like and have used heavily is the ability for switches to generate events (i.e. broadcast scenes) when you press a power on or power off button locally. I am going to use HomeSeer HS3Pro to tie everything together and found HomeSeer Z-Wave Plus Dimmers/Switches (i.e. HS-WD100+) that generate events with double-tap, triple-tap, etc. Leviton DZ6HD-1BZ dimmers support Instant Status which I believe provide similar capability and I like these because I can get Brown trim kits for them. Does anyone use these currently and if so, how do they show up in HS3 device list? Any pointers to pictures/video of using these switches/dimmers with HS3 would be appreciated.
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Agree that Leviton doesn't have the functionality of HomeSeer (i.e. double/triple tap event trigger) but HomeSeer doesn't have Brown trim kits. I do need some notification to be able to trigger HS events for local ON/OFF as a minimum and I think Instant Status should provide that (would like to see HS Device info for these switches to verify). A trade off of functionality vs design/style. Possible WAF issue for me (Wife Approval Factor).

Comment

Completely understand Glen...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Glen I'm in a similar situation. I however use homeseer switches in the rest of the house and needed Grey for the basement. (WAF as you said) I went out and got the same Leviton switches you have but homeseer does not see the status update. I have to poll. Do have the same issue??

Comment

fixed it???? I had upgraded z-wave plugin to 3.0.1.249 a few weeks ago but I don't think I restarted my system. I just restarted both HS3 but still no reporting. Rebooted my Z-Net and all is good now????? funny thing is my other devices seamed to work. Motion sensors for example were fine???

Comment

I had similar problem and never figured it out. For what its worth, painting a HE switch was easy to do.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-switch-dimmer

Comment

I saw Tomgru's post and painted some of my WD200's yesterday. Very happy with the results and easy and quick to do.

Comment

Working...
                X