UPB Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB Devices

I can see my deices in UPBStart (just two devices before I go installing a bunch of UPB devices). I close UPBStart and start HS3 Web control then I go to the plug in say configure select my .upe file PORTOLA HOUSE import it and voila my two devices are not anywhere to be found. I can find my Insteon Devices, my Z-Wave Devices and my Global Cache devices but NO UPB devices. I would really appreciate help dialing this in. I usually figure this stuff out but I'm stuck and I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this plugIn

In the device management screen, make sure the floor and room filters includes everything
    If that's not the problem, set the log level to Debug from the config page, re-import the upe file and check your logs to see if there is any error.

If you can't figure it out, send me your upe file. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      In the device management screen, make sure the floor and room filters includes everything.
      When I add a new device to my UBP setup it initially has no entry for Location 2. New links have no entry for either Location 1 or Location 2.

In particular, be sure that "Unknown" and "Not Set" are checked in the location drop down lists. If your Device Management page displays Device Type you should confirm that the new device types are checked there as well. (That should happen automatically, but it doesn't hurt to check.) My UPB devices are listed as "UPB Device", "UPB Keypad Button", or "UPB Link".
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Log File

May-23 7:27:45 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIMADAPTER:: Access to the port 'COM9' is denied.
        May-23 7:27:45 AM UPBSpud ERROR PIMADAPTER:: Unable to open PIM port COM9
        May-23 7:27:45 AM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_MGR:: Activating media adapter
        May-23 7:27:45 AM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_MGR:: Initializing media adapter
        May-23 7:25:43 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIMADAPTER:: Access to the port 'COM9' is denied.
        May-23 7:25:43 AM UPBSpud ERROR PIMADAPTER:: Unable to open PIM port COM9
        May-23 7:25:43 AM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_MGR:: Activating media adapter
        May-23 7:25:43 AM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_MGR:: Initializing media adapter
        May-23 7:25:43 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIMADAPTER:: Access to the port 'COM9' is denied.
        May-23 7:25:43 AM UPBSpud ERROR PIMADAPTER:: Unable to open PIM port COM9
        May-23 7:25:43 AM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_MGR:: Activating media adapter
        May-23 7:25:43 AM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_MGR:: Initializing media adapter
        May-23 7:25:42 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIMADAPTER:: Access to the port 'COM9' is denied.
        May-23 7:25:42 AM UPBSpud ERROR PIMADAPTER:: Unable to open PIM port COM9
        May-23 7:25:42 AM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_MGR:: Activating media adapter
        May-23 7:25:42 AM UPBSpud DEBUG UPB_MGR:: Initializing media adapter
        May-23 7:25:42 AM UPBSpud DEBUG PIMADAPTER:: Access to the port 'COM9' is denied.

Comment

are you sure your PIM is connected to COM9 ?
          did you make sure UPStart is closed and still not connected to this COM port? (only one program can access a COM port)

Comment

Simply AutoMated UMC-USB-W

I guess the simple question is does the UMC-USB-W UPB from Simply Automated work with your Plug In?

Comment

Originally posted by paweng View Post
              I guess the simple question is does the UMC-USB-W UPB from Simply Automated work with your Plug In?
              the USB PIM from Simply automated does not work with this plug-in because it does not create a serial port.
              The plug-in is compatible with any serial PIM or USB PIM that creates a serial port (the Pulseworx one does)

In this doc it is mentioned that the UMC-USB-W is not recommended for home automation controllers
              http://www.simply-automated.com/docu...UMC_071129.pdf

Comment

Does the Simply Automated UMC-DB9 Computer Interface Module Work? I'd like to avoid unnecessary purchases if possible since I have one on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by paweng View Post
                  Does the Simply Automated UMC-DB9 Computer Interface Module Work? I'd like to avoid unnecessary purchases if possible since I have one on hand.
                  yes it works, this is the one I have.

Comment

Using Spud UPB with HomeTroller Zee S2

Is there Spud Software that can used with the HomeTroller Zee S2? If there is then what CIM can be used with it since the Zee S2 has USB connections and no RS-232 ports. I am interested in controlling my UPB wall switches with the Zee S2. I do have the Simply Automated CIM UMC-USB-W that I used ok to program with UpStart.

Comment

Originally posted by ReBoot View Post
                      Is there Spud Software that can used with the HomeTroller Zee S2? If there is then what CIM can be used with it since the Zee S2 has USB connections and no RS-232 ports. I am interested in controlling my UPB wall switches with the Zee S2. I do have the Simply Automated CIM UMC-USB-W that I used ok to program with UpStart.
                      you need either the PulseWorx PIM-U: http://www.pcslighting.com/pulseworx...terfaces/pim-u

or the PulseWorx Gateway PGW (which connect through IP)
                      http://www.pcslighting.com/pulseworx...interfaces/pgw

Comment

Thank you for the info on the PulseWorx PIMU. I just wanted to confirm that the Spud software will work in the HomeTroller Zee S2? That would be great.

Comment

Working...
                        X