No announcement yet.

mcsTemperature HS2 Install Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold! This was incredibly useful. It turned out to be much more simple than what I was cleaning from the documentation and the posts. With the help of a few of your other posts, I was able to get the thermostat functionality working as well.

Thanks,

Steven.

Comment

How to setup DS9490R

Hi I'm currently trying to figure out how to setup MCSTemp.

And I'm actually stopped before I'm even started

My 1. problem how do I setup MCSTemp. to use DS9490R (USB) as my 1-wire interface?

My interface is working when I test with OneWireViewer.exe

Could anyone please post screen shot of what to type at the MCSTemp. interface page.

Regards

Comment

First thing is confirm you have Microsoft Java VM installed. The SUN one will not work. The version of the OneWireDrivers also cannot be the one that supports .NET. It will be Version 4.00 (ftp://ftp.dalsemi.com/pub/auto_id/li...ivers_v400.msi)
        I believe the Interface selection page is USB2, but that depends upon what was assigned during install of the drivers. You do not need anything in the adapter type field since you are USB and not COM.

Comment

Hi,

I have HS pro running on Windows 7 with a DS 9490 and trying to use the 1wire drivers above but keep getting blue screen crashes.

Is there a recommended version of the 1-wire drivers for the 9490 that works with windows 7 and mcstemperature?

Thanks.

Comment

The drivers no later than the one posted in the prior post in this thread are needed for mcsTemperature. It also requires the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (MSJVM) which was discontinued around the time of XP SP1 but available from independent download. xapmcs1wire uses the most current DallasSemiconductor drivers and Sun/Oracle Java. It uses a LAN interface (xAP) rather than a memory interface to Homeseer.

Comment

Attached is the MS Java VM that you need. Its all over the internet so I'm guessing its OK to post here eh?

Its a 4 part zip file. Download each part and rename them to:

msjava.zip.01
              msjava.zip.02
              msjava.zip.03
              msjava.zip.04

Extract and rename file with an EXE extension on it.

The only issue I had with migration to W7 and MCS Temperature was that I forgot to install MSJavaVM. Other than that all worked well.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; February 6, 2011, 10:34 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

MCS Temp and z-wave sensors ?

Hello,

Can you tell me if I can use MCS Temp with my z-wave temp sensors HSM100..???

Thanks
                Peter

Comment

Post 29/30 above have a similiar discussion. The temperature reading from the HSM100 will be placed into some virtual device by HS. THis part is not done by mcsTemperature. This virtual device will then be identified as a sensor to mcsTemperature on the mcsTemperature Sensor setup page. mcsTemperature will maintain the time history of this sensor in a database and allow charts to be developed with this sensor included.

I am not familiar with the specifics of a HSM100, but then general approach taken for I/O devices is to store the most current value returned by the device into a Homeseer virtual device where it can be used for events or other things such as what is being done by mcsTemperature.

Comment

MCS temp on Windows 7 64bits and HSPRO latest version

Hello,

I've installed MCS through the updater, then through the .exe file.
                    I've selected different files of installation in the "ProgramFiles": "HSPRO/HS2", "HS2", "HSPRO".
                    I run the uninstall process of MCS before each tentative...

Result is always the same : I don't even see MCS in the "Plug-in interface" of Homeseer.
                    I've got "in the log files.

Any ideas..???
                    Thanks a lot
                    Peter

Comment

The mcsTemperature setup .exe promptss for the install path and this path needs to be same as where your Homeseer is running. On x64 this will usually be somewhere down the \Program Files (x86)\ path. The hspi_mcsTemperature.exe will then be deposited in the same folder where Homeseer .exe is located and when Homeseer starts it will see the plugin as it scans for all hspi* files in that folder.

Comment

Not working..

The MCS install path is same as where HSPRO is running, and I still not see MCS in the "plug-in interfaces"...?

Comment

In the hs startup log it enumerates all hspi* files it sees. mcsTemperature is an ActiveX control which means it needs to be registered. This is done with the mcsTemperature installer. It also means you cannot just copy files from one place to another. You must install it in location where you want it to run. If you installed it elsewhere then you should uninstall it using Control Panel \ Add Remove Programs.

Comment

I've tried..

Thanks a lot for your help.
                            I've run the mcsTemperature installer from the \Program Files (x86)\HSPRO path, which is the same folder where Homeseer .exe is located.

Unfortunatly, I still don't see MCS in the Plug-in interfaces, and still have the same error message in the log file...

It's crazy !

Comment

The mcsTemperature installer provides a text box input asking where you want to install it. Type in the C:\Program Files (x86)\HSPRO (or whereever your HS is) into that text box. It does not matter where the mcsTemperature installer is run from, only where you direct it to put the files.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X