can not create a trigger based on temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can not create a trigger based on temp

Using the temp on a M1 keypad to have HS perform action based on time and temp reported by keypad.

when it is greater than 74 at 3:00 PM then "do stuff"

HS skips righ over event?? I use ethernet interface.

Anyone have this occurance? Is this a M1 Plugin issue?

Also, does the Plugin have the ability to trigger event based on all parameters that the M1 collects, if users John disarms panel then "do stuff" ?

What is great is that M1 is becomming the eyes and ears for HS.
    HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.258

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    Also, does the Plugin have the ability to trigger event based on all parameters that the M1 collects, if users John disarms panel then "do stuff" ?

What is great is that M1 is becomming the eyes and ears for HS.
    Richard

The " last user or disarm panel" is in the feature request list. Nothing nicer than having the alarm disrmed and then setting up the house for the specific user :-)

I've moved a LOT of I/O from HS to the ELK so if HS falls over, its not so much of an impact anymore....

Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Thanks petez69.

This is a good way to move. I am looking at getting temp & HVAC zoning installed and under control but want HS to display and control the temperature zoning changes.

I want to put ventilation, temperature, humidity, security, lighting, along with energy awareness all under a control.

Ultra- are the values collected by plugin all able to be used as triggers and displayed?

Another question, what is the method to get keypad temp
      as a status value, I want to create Virtual devices that display this (and M1 device values) that I can use in web pages, emails, and touchscreen displays?

As I move toward the collected I/O in HS I want to reformat and display, email, trigger on these values. Any suggestion on doing this?

Thanks in advance, this environment is really changing and I am ready.
      Ultra, please keep adding your support and feature developments.

Comment

If my memory is working, you should just enable the "keypad" as a device for HS in the plugin, and it will create the device so you will get the temp in a device code. That's how I'm working with it.

Joel

Comment

Here is captured event that does not work

Event
          Device Value Change

Control Name Trigger Action
          Temp in Master High test1 for 72 Device UltraM1G Plugin Keypad 01 [Master Bedroom] value becomes greater than 74

Time is at 5:15 PM
          Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr

Send Email

Is the device value change require a actual change at the trigger time or is it if value is greater than 74 and it is 5:15 PM ?

the condition of "logical operators question" not sure plugin uses "change value or at that time " (ran into the problem once that if value changed at condition time, rather than at value or greater at condition time)

Again looking to trigger events from M1 results. Are they working in current plugin?

* Also how do I get a M1 plugin value for device ]1 displayed. the housecode on a device never allows this choice. So If I want to create a device for display that is the value assigned to M1 keypad temp of " ]1 " whic is what was used in plugin ... this is not a choice in the device assignments (just A B C D ... a b c ...)

to build a device some of the choices are:

Device Name:

Select Location:

Device Type: Thermostat HAI RC80 Thermostat HD Appliance Module Infrared Device Interface Variable Keypad Lamp Module Lamp Module w Status Leviton 6381 Leviton HCM06 Light Switch LM15A (Socket Rocket) LM465 (Lamp Module) Motion Sensor MS13A (Hawkeye II) PCS Light Switch PLM21 RCS TR15 Thermostat RCS TX15B Thermostat RF Rcvr RR501 RF Rcvr TM751 SL575 (Screw in Lamp Module) SmartHome LampLinc SmartHome LampLinc LS Status Only SwitchLinc Virtual Wall Keypad Z-Wave Device (Dimmable) Z-Wave Device (Relay) Z-Wave Thermostat

Housecode/Unitcode:

what will work on M1 keypad assignment and others?

Thanks,
          Last edited by Richard; May 16, 2007, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Ultra can you help ?

Ultra can you help ? in previous message
            event does not trigger.

Notice device value are set to nothing

]9 = UltraM1G Plugin Ethernet Connection is INKNOWN
            ]10 = UltraM1G Plugin Keypad 01 [Master Bedroom] is INKNOWN
            ]11 = UltraM1G Plugin User 002 [Richard A] is INKNOWN
            ]1 = UltraM1G Plugin Area 01 [Area 1] is INKNOWN

?
            How can I access values for display and triggering? i.e the ]10 keypad temp that shows on web page via your plugin.

?
            further... is there a list of values that are usable that come from M1 that Hs can trigger from? seems that

I have not been able to have any triggers work (might be how I am using them)
            Last edited by Richard; May 18, 2007, 11:47 AM.

Comment

There is currently an issue with temperature based triggers. I'll get to this as soon as I can.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Features having problems..

Thats fine, just wanted to know when.... I purchased the plugin and I am configuring the HS / M1 to work together.

where is the current list of feature implimented that I can integrate;

areas such as zone, user arm disarm, and so on.... what is currently operational to use as a trigger?

Also from a previous post- what is the logic on triggers
                a) when change of #value,
                b) or is greater than #value

the basic of a trigger

i.e. if 5:15 PM and temp is greater than 76 then run event.

Hope you get this cleared up since I want to proceed with HS.

Thanks

Comment

areas such as zone, user arm disarm, and so on.... what is currently operational to use as a trigger?

Also from a previous post- what is the logic on triggers
                  a) when change of #value,
                  b) or is greater than #value
                  HI Richard

If you want to know the definitive list of things the plugin can do, refer to the sticky post at the top of this forum.

For specific triggers, the best way forward is to create a dummy event and then click on the triggers tab and follow the drop down box. Zone and alarm triggers are all there, last user disarm has not been implemented as a specific trigger (on the to do list) however you can get around this by setting up an event on the ELK itself ie: when user Pete disarms alarm, turn output 200 on for 3 seconds....setup an event on HS to detect output 200 toggling and u know Pete turned off the alarm.

I'm also looking forward to the temp trigger issue being resolved as its getting cold here in Sydney Australia and finally the aircon is starting to turn the heat cycle on most nights.

Cheers..Pete
                  HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Any developments on this working?

From my posts.... looking for HS to trigger on panel outputs such as temp on keypad.

Is this implimented / status of this Ultra ??

Comment

Sorry Rich, the past 5 weeks have been very busy for me. I just finished a soccer coaching commitment last night, so I'll have more free time to start coding again.

I did get a response from HomeSeer on this issue, and it sounds like I need to implement triggers within the plug-in itself instead of relying on mechanisms within HomeSeer. I'll post an update here when I make some progress.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

trigger on temperature

Thanks for the update, sounds fine to me..... looking forward to these features implimented

Comment

From my posts.... looking for HS to trigger on panel outputs such as temp on keypad.

Is this implimented / status of this Ultra ??
                          I just did some testing and the temperature triggers are working here ...

Trigger = Device Value Change

Device = UltraM1G Plugin Keypad 01 [Keypad 01]
                          Value is = Greater Than
                          Value = 78

When my keypad temperature increased to 79, this Event triggered.

I am not sure how to created the event you mentioned at the top of this thread. As far as I can tell, you would need to do that via a script instead of an event.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks for your help.

I am using conditions such as at 3:15 PM and temp is > 74 trigger. I have not had success on this setup.

I posted a screen shot on the other thread with the event that I have been using.

Does the temp at greater than i.e. 74 and at "time" have to be a
                            both a "delta" changing condition in you programing. So if the temp was 75 all the time and 3:15 PM time came would a trigger would occur ?

Just looking at the issues here.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

I am using conditions such as at 3:15 PM and temp is > 74 trigger. I have not had success on this setup.

I posted a screen shot on the other thread with the event that I have been using.

Does the temp at greater than i.e. 74 and at "time" have to be a
                              both a "delta" changing condition in you programing. So if the temp was 75 all the time and 3:15 PM time came would a trigger would occur ?

Just looking at the issues here.
                              The mechanims you are using to create the events are a feature of HomeSeer and are not provided by my plug-in.

Instead of trying to create a trigger using a device value change, create one with 2 conditions:

Device: Garage Entrance Temperature Keypad 01 [Keypad 01] value is in the range 75..120 AND
                              Time is at 3:15 PM

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X