UltraGCIR and the GC-IRE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraGCIR and the GC-IRE

From what I have learned so far, I am assuming that the UltraGCIR plugin does not support receiving IR signals from the GC-IRE when used in a serial port on the GC-100. Is that a correct assumption?

Thanks,
    Mike

No, the UltraGCIR HSPI does not currenty support this. However, I do have a GC-IRE on order and plan on adding support for it.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Well, that's the second best answer you could have given, and I'll happily settle for that. I look forward to it.

If you need beta testers, I'm game. I'm a frustrated user of the Homeseer plugins. I've also used a plugin with another automation package that works very well and is very stable, but I prefer to stay with Homeseer, if I can just get some satisfactory results with IR functions. So far, the new Ultra GCIR plugin has worked great. If you get the GC-IRE functions integrated, I'll be in heaven.

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

I received the GC-IRE hardware and have it connected to my GC-100-12 on serial 1. It is sending compressed IR data, so I'll have to write a function to convert that to either the Global Cache format or HEX format. I'll also need to figure out what part of the IR data to store to ensure reliable IR matching.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Is it sending compressed data when used with the GC iLearn.exe utility? That's how I learned the IR codes for my system for use with the UltraGCIR plugin, which seemed to work fine.

Mike

Comment

i am also eagerly anticipating UltraGCIR functionality with the GC-IRE.

please keep us posted.

thanks,

jason

Comment

I just got word from Ultrajones that's there's been a little delay in development, but that he hopes to get back to it soon.

Mike

Comment

Please see: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=148534

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Last edited by Ultrajones; April 19, 2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X