Event - wait until not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event - wait until not working

I ave an event which turns on my TV. That triggers another event, which is supposed to wait until the TV has turned on then run more commands. I have tried triggering this with the wattage, my TV is 200 Watts or more when on. I thought the events below would do that, but they don't seem to do that
    Attached Files

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I ave an event which turns on my TV. That triggers another event, which is supposed to wait until the TV has turned on then run more commands. I have tried triggering this with the wattage, my TV is 200 Watts or more when on. I thought the events below would do that, but they don't seem to do that
    When you call an event from another event the Trigger in the called event is ALWAYS ignored, even if the "Run only if other event conditions are true" is selected. That checkbox only assures that CONDITIONS in the called event are observed.

It looks like you shouldn't call the second event from the first, instead just let the second event run, since it is looking at a condition that would be true if the first event is triggered. If the TV becomes on and the BBC1 virtual device is on, the actions would be performed. You will only need some logic to prevent the second event from running every time the TV wattage changes but is still greater than 150 watts. I would use an Easy Trigger Trigger "If Energy Lounge Watts TV has been in the range [150,1000] for exactly 00:01:00.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ok good point. I am trying that but with only 5 seconds in the has been in range as I don't want to wait a minute for the TV comes on... lets see if it works. If it does might decrease it further...

Comment

Working...
      X