Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Periodic "Response error" in log, how to debug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Periodic "Response error" in log, how to debug?

I have the Ra2 plug-in connected to my 2 repeater setup. Commands and working fine. But when I look at the plug-in log window I'm seeing periodic errors, that read:

Response error: ~ERROR,1

Which, according to the Lutron docs, is a "Parameter count mismatch"

I know in many cases "just ignore it" is a fine solution. But then again, I'm picky about seeing errors...

I'd already enabled the Debug Logging checkbox. I take it this is just to the plug-in console window? Not to a file?

Is there any additional level of logging that might show what other commands the plug-in might be trying to send?

I brought up a Putty terminal session to the same repeater issued a #MONITORING,255,1 on it and watched for activity. I'm not seeing anything from that session when the plug-in emits that error. There's no other timestamp or other info in there that would help me see if it coincides with anything else happening.

Within a minute or so I do see errors like:

Preset ID: 8842 does not pertain to a device on link 0. Do nothing
    ~GROUP,188,3,3

188 in this context, I think, is a motion sensor. One in the room I'm using to compose this message.

I'm open to suggestions on how to debug this further.

In the ver. 97 I did add a checkbox for the Developer Mode Window, now you have the same option as the HS log. I also remove the error,1 that appear every minute and clean the interface.
    Attached Files

Comment

I recently noticed these log entries as well: ~ERROR,1 and Receive<2: ~ERROR,1

What are these entries from the RA2 plugin? They weren't there a month ago or so. There are 2 or 3 entries every 30 seconds or so now. It's making my log hard to read. I realize I can turn off the debugging, but what is going on here?

Comment

This is use to monitor the connection of the Telnet, if you uncheck the debug it should not log it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
          This is use to monitor the connection of the Telnet, if you uncheck the debug it should not log it.
          I get that, but why the errors all of a sudden? I never got those errors before. Above you posted that you got rid of the error,1?

Comment

please post the complete line of the log

Comment

please post the complete line of the log
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1303407

Comment

you can try the Beta 115 this should remove the ~ and ~error,1

Comment

you can try the Beta 115 this should remove the ~ and ~error,1
                  OK, thanks. Any idea about the Receive<2: ~ ?

Comment

the Receive<2 is coming from me to know were it come in the program, you should not see it anymore

Comment

Where do I download the 115 beta? I've been running 114.

Comment

you can find it in the Beta section BETA 3.0.0.115

Comment

Gotcha, scroll down the regular Plug-ins ->Manage page, expand the Additional Interfaces and then the Beta sections.

Note, it seems to be necessary to stop a plug-in before downloading an update for it. At least that's what I had to do.

Additionally, while the Beta section shows a price (for plug-ins that have a cost) they appear to work with whatever license you'd already purchased.

Comment

I upgraded to 115 with HS3 Pro v 348 and I'm still seeing messages like:

Code:
                            Operations with the response
                            Operations with the response  ~ERROR,1
                            These seem to be coming up about once a minute or so.

I do not have the Debug Logging nor Dev Window checkboxes selected on the Ra2 plug-in page.

I'm also seeing messages like:
                            Code:
                            GetPagePlugin INSTANCE:
                            testbuttonoButtonCB2   ButtonCB2
                            else rebuilding ButtonCB2oButtonCB2
                            testbuttonoGroup   Group
                            else rebuilding GroupoGroup
                            testbuttonoUnGroup   UnGroup
                            else rebuilding UnGroupoUnGroup
                            Operations with the response  ~ERROR,1
                            PostBackProc INSTANCE:

Dim parts As Collections.S1: id
                            Otherwise, things seem to be working, I'm just leery of messages showing up in windows without explanation.

Comment

Developer Mode say it by it self, developer mode, you should not care what display there.

Comment

Working...
                              X