Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs.DeviceLastChange help

Hi all,

I have a script that's calling hs.DeviceLastChange, but it seems to only return the time as 12:00AM, if I look at the properties of the device it correctly shows the date/time of the last change.

Using the example in the HS Doco below, any idea how to return the correct date/time?

Code:
    Dim last_change As Date
    last_change = hs.DeviceLastChange("living room lamp")
    Cheers

We discussed this last week. It appears that hs.DeviceLastChange("living room lamp") isn't working and should be reported as a bug. You can however use hs.DeviceLastChangeRef(5678) where 5678 is the reference ID of the device.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is this happening on the latest version? There was a change to optionally update the device's time on a poll?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        We discussed this last week. It appears that hs.DeviceLastChange("living room lamp") isn't working and should be reported as a bug. You can however use hs.DeviceLastChangeRef(5678) where 5678 is the reference ID of the device.
        Thanks Rupp!

Comment

Still not working

It appears this is still not working with build 3.0.0.368. Both DeviceLastChange and DeviceLastChangeRef are still returning Monday, January 1, 0001 12:00 AM.

Comment

I just tested it in a script and it works for me correctly

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
              I just tested it in a script and it works for me correctly
              I was using it in a script too. The device was created by the UltraWeatherWU plug-in. Maybe that's the issue.

Comment

Does the device show the device last change time correctly in the homeseer webpage?

Comment

Normal devices OK - UltraWeather3WU NSM

Does the device show the device last change time correctly in the homeseer webpage?
                  Yes it does. It appears to be the UltraWeatherWU plugin-created devices that is causing this. Other devices are fine.

Comment

Maybe try changing this setting under device configuration and see if that helps:

Do not update device last change time
                    if device value does not change:

Comment

My fault

Maybe try changing this setting under device configuration and see if that helps:

Do not update device last change time
                      if device value does not change:
                      Just found the issue. Was using hs.GetDeviceRef instead of hs.GetDeviceRefByName. Didn't complain but probably should have.

Sorry for all the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                      X