www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Spud Plug-Ins > Chromecast (3P)

Chromecast (3P) Discussions related to the HS3 Chromecast plugin by Spud.

Old February 13th, 2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMT View Post
Updated to version 3.0.0.15 and noticed there is now a "HomeSeer" image when casting from the plugin.

Spud, any chance could loose this image or tell us where to find/change it? I assume you viewed this on the HomeSeer device page and it looked ok but it's no good for HSTouch, which I doubt you use.

My HSTouch screens pull the album artwork from images/chromecast/ /thumbnail.jpg and it looks good. When I cast (radio stations) from the plugin I replace the thumbnail.jpg with my own image using a copy file script and all looks good but your stock image kind of interferes, initially. My recommendation would be to just loose that image altogether when using the default player but if you have to keep it for some reason, scale it to a square album artwork format.

Thanks very much for the good work on this plugin.

Regards,
The homeseer image is downloaded and written to images/Chromecast/<id>/thumbnail.jpg like any other album image, so if your script overwrite this file at the right time it should work.

I will scale the image in the next version.
Old February 21st, 2018, 06:04 PM
Seer

Disabled devices

Hi spud,

In a future release, would it be possible for the plugin to NOT create homeseer devices for Chromecast devices that are not enabled in the plugin settings?

I'm only monitoring the playstate of the Chromecast devices, and have disabled the Google Home devices in the plugin, but these devices still appear in my device listing in homeseer -- all are listed as "disconnected". Even if I manually delete them in homeseer config, they are recreated everytime the plugin is restarted.

Thanks,

Ben
Attached Images

Old February 21st, 2018, 06:10 PM
Seer Master

I was about to post the same issue. Glad to see I'm not alone.
Old February 21st, 2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benrjunk View Post
Hi spud,

In a future release, would it be possible for the plugin to NOT create homeseer devices for Chromecast devices that are not enabled in the plugin settings?

I'm only monitoring the playstate of the Chromecast devices, and have disabled the Google Home devices in the plugin, but these devices still appear in my device listing in homeseer -- all are listed as "disconnected". Even if I manually delete them in homeseer config, they are recreated everytime the plugin is restarted.

Thanks,

Ben
will do
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
In version 3.0.0.11 available in first post of this thread, I have added +/- control to the volume device with a configurable step% from the config page.
You need to manually delete your volume devices and then start version 3.0.0.11 for the new controls to appear.
Attachment 66229
Hi Spud,
I've updated to the latest version and deleted my volume device.
Then I've disabled and enabled the Chromecast plugin but my volume device
didn't appear again.
Where is it ?

Regards,
Fischi
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischi View Post
Hi Spud,
I've updated to the latest version and deleted my volume device.
Then I've disabled and enabled the Chromecast plugin but my volume device
didn't appear again.
Where is it ?

Regards,
Fischi
I've found it: It was under the group "not set" :-)

Fischi