This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VM cuts out for split second every few seconds

I may be going mad, but I could have swore I saw a thread in here a while ago about HSP voice mail messages that cut out for a split second every few seconds during the message. I recall suggestions about CPU usage maybe being high during the message recording... Anyway, I can't find the thread.

I have this problem, and reported via helpdesk. I was told to turn off detailed logging, which I did. Just had someone leave a message and it was horrible cutting out. It isn't that the message goes silent, it is like every few seconds, 1/2 second of the message was cut out of the recording. Thus, "how do you do" sounds like "how ddo".

The help desk said there have been no other reports of this, and i would like to ask if that is the case.... am I the only one?

Thanks

Jay Fro

Yes, my voicemails also exhibit this behavior. There's a popping sound and a short skip, similar to an old LP record album with a scratch on it.

I just opened a help ticket to verify what you had seen, and attached a voicemail so they can hear what it does. It's not bad, but sometimes makes it hard to understand what's being said. I also swapped out sound cards, and it made no change. I have voicemails back to November and they all do this. FYI - Running a W2C on HS 2.2.0.0 with XP Pro on a 2.6GHz multi-thread CPU and 1.5G Memory.
    Last edited by CJVann; February 28, 2007, 08:56 PM. Reason: Changed memory from 2G to 1.5G

Comment

Jay Fro,
      How much memeory is in your HS server? How much is being used under "normal" circumstances?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Plug-Ins Enabled: X10 CM11A/CM12U, DooNetwork, Napco Gemini, Touchpad,
        MR26A RF Receiver ver 2

Processor Type and Speed: x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 at 1.86 GHz

Modules/Threads: 170 Modules, 67 Threads

System Processes/Load: 41 Processes, 5% Load

Free / Total Physical Memory: 165.84 MBytes / 509.99 MBytes (33% free)

Free / Total Virtual Memory: 1.96 GBytes / 2.00 GBytes (98% free)

HomeSeer Memory Used: 77 Mbytes

COM Plug-In Memory Used: 4 COM EXE Plug-Ins using 7 Mbytes

2 Mbytes for HS_Compatibility.

Comment

I'm wondering if the this low end CPU along with the low memory is causing some of these glitches. 512 is really low for a PC that's running HS and the speaker app especially if you are running any AV software or firewall software.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Except CJVann has the same issue it sounds like. Bummer if that is the case since this is the most powerful machine I have out of 7 in operation. Guess I could go back to the Dual PII350 that was running without any problem

Jay Fro

Comment

Originally posted by jayfro View Post
              Except CJVann has the same issue it sounds like.
              I'm sure my PC is a piece of crap compared to Rupps - lol. I'm not sure when this started happening, but I know at one time messages sounded very clear & clean. I have an upgrade computer sitting here just waiting to be hooked up (Dual Core 4200+), so that should also boost performance. I "upgraded" it to Vista, so I'm waiting for the dust to settle before using it (I need motherboard drivers for audio and SATA-RAID; ASUS hasn't written any yet...sigh).

Comment

Working...
              X