HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
    I can confirm that updating from updater works.

I updated successfully without any problems.

Francois
    Thanks for letting me know.

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    MrHappy,

The results are still the same after downloading it from your link, the plugin is not visible in the installed plugins page. The executable is present in the HS3 installation dir, like always/

Thanks,

Wim
    I've just updated it through the updater and whilst it did fail (no licence or trial expired) that is something I've had with other plugins and disable and re-enable set it straight. I'm not sure what the issue is and considering others it has worked for and I seem to be OK with updating I wonder if it is something to do with your system - did you get any error in the HS log?

Comment

I just updated your plugin without any issue. I've taken a practice whereby I disable the plugin first, then update. It stems from licensing issues and since stopping and then restarting the plugin cleared the problem, I've just made it a general practice while updating plugins. I've never had an issue since.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I updated today, and the entire plug-in dropped from my HS front end, executable present on machine.

I rebooted machine and now it's back..

Strange..
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          I think your HS system must have a bit of an issue getting the file from the HomeSeer server but I don't know why, I'm not sure what to say as I know that people have downloaded the file as I host the plugins and there have been multiple downloads of the plugin. The last_updates.txt file must be out of date as the plugin does not appear at all whereas if it was just struggling to get it from my server then it would still show the plugin name.

Hi Adam ,

I did check the update file and its in there , but when i pres update listning iT Goes ok , and if i check the plug-in list its not there...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
            Hi Adam ,

I did check the update file and its in there , but when i pres update listning iT Goes ok , and if i check the plug-in list its not there...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
            I'm afraid I can't help much more, if it is in the updater control file that has come from the HS web server but does not appear in your list then something has gone wrong in HomeSeer. I have no control over what HS does with it and considering it works for other people I'd suggest that for some reason it is not appearing in your list of plugins. There is a link in previous posts that can be used if the updater fails.

Comment

I'm afraid I can't help much more, if it is in the updater control file that has come from the HS web server but does not appear in your list then something has gone wrong in HomeSeer. I have no control over what HS does with it and considering it works for other people I'd suggest that for some reason it is not appearing in your list of plugins. There is a link in previous posts that can be used if the updater fails.
              mrHappy,

I am confinced the is somethin wrong with this version. I have installed a older version and the plugin appears in the plugins list. Upgrading removes the plugin from the list. I have checked with other plugins as well, no issues, plugins stay in the list. so it is not the HomeSeer installation doing somthing wrong?
              I think you have to look a bit deeper, especially when I see several users having this problem?

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

after reinstalling .82 I see this in the log:

jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Install/Update of package Pushover 3P was successful.
                jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Copying file: C:\HS3\HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe
                jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Installing package Pushover 3P
                jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Update HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe downloaded successfully
                jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Downloading update: Pushover 3P
                jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error
                jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Error downloading package :Tijdens een WebClient-aanvraag is een uitzondering opgetreden.

jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Downloading update: Wait Pushover 3P Waiting for Server...
                jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Starting download of updates

Which is caused by the install.txt:

HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe,.,0
                pushovericon.png,.html\Images,0

This should read:

HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe,.,0
                pushovericon.png,.\html\Images,0

But that does not solve the display of the plugin in the plugins list here.

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                  after reinstalling .82 I see this in the log:

jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Install/Update of package Pushover 3P was successful.
                  jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Copying file: C:\HS3\HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe
                  jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Installing package Pushover 3P
                  jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Update HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe downloaded successfully
                  jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Downloading update: Pushover 3P
                  jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error
                  jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Error downloading package :Tijdens een WebClient-aanvraag is een uitzondering opgetreden.

jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Downloading update: Wait Pushover 3P Waiting for Server...
                  jan-27 12:57:09 Updater Starting download of updates

Which is caused by the install.txt:

HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe,.,0
                  pushovericon.png,.html\Images,0

This should read:

HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe,.,0
                  pushovericon.png,.\html\Images,0

But that does not solve the display of the plugin in the plugins list here.

Wim
                  I've fixed that error, thanks for spotting it.

I have poured over the code and the compilaton, recompiled it, checked all the updater bits and can't find what I could think would be the problem here. If the plugin drops from the installation and then on restart or remote connection it appears then to me the plugin is not the issue and it must be a HS issue. If there was an issue with the plugin then it would not let you connect remotely to HS and work. Malosa's issue is not the same and ServiceXp says it came back after a restart but again, I've checked my web logs and there have been 62 downloads of version .28 yesterday alone which I think if it was a widespread issue with a broken plugin then I would think others may have reported it.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about the internal mechanisms of HS to know what exactly HS looks for (I guess it is an exe, which starts with HSPI and then it is queried for it's properties) and don't know if there is a method to debug why when HS calls into the exe it thinks that it is not a plugin and then does not show it in the list.

Just to prove it works for me I've done a video, you can see that it fails on a licencing issue but this is nothing new for me as it happens with other plugins and an enable/disable fixes that. I am afraid I really do not know what to suggest here.

Comment

I ran into something similar last night. I was installing an update of my Restart plugin to my development HS. After the install finished, I got the interface error so I disabled the plugin. When the page refreshed, the plugin was gone. I looked to make sure it was still in the HS directory which it was. I opened the HS ini file and the plugin was still listed. I had to shutdown and restart HS to get the plugin to show up again.

I decided to test it some more and installed the Restart update on my production HS and it installed with the interface error. I was able to disable and re-enable the plugin with no issues.

Today I installed the Pushover plugin and had no problems with it.

I tried again today but haven't been able to duplicate the disappearing plugin. I will try some more over the weekend to see if I can get it to happen again.

I agree with mrhappy, that I don't think it is the Pushover plugin.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

It's not the Pushover plugin. It happened to me the other day with a different plugin. PHLocation to be exact. It came back after a few minutes though. And it had been there the whole time. I had been configuring the plugin through other avenues.
                      Originally posted by rprade
                      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I just had the same thing happen to me. A restart of HS fixed it. Haven't seen it before with any of the other plugins that I'm running. Initially I thought that maybe it was related to the space in the name, but since Colin saw it with PHLocation and Jeff with Restart, that's then not the case. What version of HS is everyone on? I'm running .300. I did update other plugins (including PHLocation) while running .300 and did not have the same issue with them.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                          I just had the same thing happen to me. A restart of HS fixed it. Haven't seen it before with any of the other plugins that I'm running. Initially I thought that maybe it was related to the space in the name, but since Colin saw it with PHLocation and Jeff with Restart, that's then not the case. What version of HS is everyone on? I'm running .300. I did update other plugins (including PHLocation) while running .300 and did not have the same issue with them.

Cheers
                          Al
                          I'm also on version .300, I'd like to think there was some sort of debug mode to find this but don't know what debug modes are really available in HS. I also thought it was an issue with the space but it's had a space since release and my other plugins also have it, looking at the SDK it does say that spaces are not supported in plugin names (http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...tion_check.htm) but that cannot be right as I had spaces in HS2 plugins and HS plugins such as HSTouch have spaces in the name (don't remember them in HS1 plugins though!).

I'll have to keep an eye on it but realistically it shouldn't probably be that much of an issue as I can't really add much more to the plugin!

Comment

Glances

Can anyone confirm if the "Send a Glance Message" event action is working? I can't seem to get anything to display on my Apple Watch Pushover complications....

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                              Can anyone confirm if the "Send a Glance Message" event action is working? I can't seem to get anything to display on my Apple Watch Pushover complications....
                              I'm afraid I can't verify it, whilst it is there in the plugin I never had a yes/no as to whether or not it works. I would suggest enabling debug mode, try and send a message and then send me the log and I will take a look.

Comment

I would suggest enabling debug mode, try and send a message and then send me the log and I will take a look.
                                Perhaps I am being dense here, but I can't find any way to enable said "debug mode". Do you mean HS3's "developer mode"?

Comment

Working...
                                X