How to set a device status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set a device status

I'm googling but I can not seem to find an answer, how do I set a device status based on the reference id of the device? I found devicebytring, by device but not by status.

Thanks,
    Aldo

Originally posted by aldo View Post
    I'm googling but I can not seem to find an answer, how do I set a device status based on the reference id of the device? I found devicebytring, by device but not by status.

Thanks,
    Aldo
    You cannot set the Status, it is determined by the value associated with it in the device setup. You SetDeviceValueByRef. Once the Value is set the VS pair will find the Status that applies.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you, I guess it was a feature of HS2 and they moved it to value in HS3?

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      You cannot set the Status, it is determined by the value associated with it in the device setup. You SetDeviceValueByRef. Once the Value is set the VS pair will find the Status that applies.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
        Thank you, I guess it was a feature of HS2 and they moved it to value in HS3?
        In HS2 a the value and status of a device were distinct and independent properties. In HS3 a device can have only one, its value.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

While what has been stated is all factual, it still may be valuable to understand your options based upon why you asked for DeviceStatus. HS3 does provide replacement variables that will give you the same thing that HS3 shows for Device Status on its browser page. Understanding Device Value Status Pairs and Device Graphic Value Pairs (VSP & VGP) that are editable on the DeviceManagement browser page will define how DeviceStatus displays based upon DeviceValue.

In mcsSprinklers the properties of Value, Status and String all had specific functions so when HST depreciated Status to a display-only feature I had to transform these properties usage. I used Plugin Extra Data (PED) to hold information so I could maintain the same logic in mcsSprinklers and only transform from the HS1/HS2-properties to the HS3-properties at the time of the calls to the HS API.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I was trying to set a virtual device on and off in a script. Since I'm a hacker when we talk about scripts, I did not know about it, thanks for the clarifications.

Aldo

Comment

Working...
            X