Table Top Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Table Top Tablet

I have an old Nexus 2nd gen tablet I want to use it for Imperihome app..Few recommendations needed...How would I keep the screen on if the tablet is on a charging pad? Also how could I lock the screen to Imperihome app so the kids will not be able to use table to surf the net?

Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by dumpmyster View Post
    I have an old Nexus 2nd gen tablet I want to use it for Imperihome app..Few recommendations needed...How would I keep the screen on if the tablet is on a charging pad? Also how could I lock the screen to Imperihome app so the kids will not be able to use table to surf the net?
    The first one is easy. Enable 'Developer Mode' by tapping on the build number 7 times (in the 'About tablet' settings). That will expose a 'keep awake when charging' option.

The second one is probably impossible (kids are very resourceful), but maybe someone has found a way.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Here have 4 tabletops in the family room (tinkering). One grandson appeared to gravitate to one so I put a couple of games on it which locked out the HS3 touch pages on the Windows XPe tabletop touchscreens.

A side rant ....which doesn't have anything to do with the OP.

Recently and last visit a couple of weeks back....

Son purchased a little Nintendo Switch (he is 4 now) for Grandson. The device put him in a different world which I didn't like much. He never moved from playing with the new game console and seemed hypnotized by it.

That is me though.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Comment

Hi,

I have 3 7" fire tablets (cheap-$30 each), wall mounted with a usb plug in a wall box - always plugged in.

I use an app called "Fully Kiosk" from the google play store. This locks out everything else but my Homeseer UI which is HSMetro.

I also use an app called "Always on AMOLED" also from the play store, which prevents the tablet from sleeping, but after a set period of time will put a "screen saver" up which is a digital clock. Tap twice and your back to Homeseer.

My only problem is mounting, which I use a rigid case for the Fire. Now that they have changed the design on the Fire 7, I have to find a new rigid case that has some WAF

Bruce

Comment

dbvanb, nice breakdown and details. Thanks!

Comment

@Pete - that is kids today. Everywhere you turn kids r walkin and playin. We go on vaca with friends... they have 7 nintendo dsi's...ipad...iphone... for 2 kids...wow... they even eat watchin ipad. Frustrating.
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by dbvanb View Post
                Hi,

I have 3 7" fire tablets (cheap-$30 each), wall mounted with a usb plug in a wall box - always plugged in.

My only problem is mounting, which I use a rigid case for the Fire. Now that they have changed the design on the Fire 7, I have to find a new rigid case that has some WAF

Bruce

Got mine for 7" Fires $25 each shipped over the holidays.

For the fridge I 3D printed some hooks that bears the weight and then glued on magnets to hold it in place laterally. Now if I could only find a wrap around micro USB to power it...

Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

@Pete - that is kids today. Everywhere you turn kids r walkin and playin. We go on vaca with friends... they have 7 nintendo dsi's...ipad...iphone... for 2 kids...wow... they even eat watchin ipad. Frustrating.
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                  X