www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Legacy Software & Plug-ins > Legacy Plug-ins > Legacy 3rd Party Plug-ins > HSDROID (3P)

HSDROID (3P) 3rd Party Plug-in for use with Android devices

Old February 20th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Seer Deluxe

New Version (just Android Client)

There's a new version of the Android Client that includes remote control functionality. While it's designed to control your A/V equipment via an IR plug-in, it's totally configurable so that you can assign any text and action (IR, X10 [or equivalent] or Event) to any button. There are over 40 buttons on three pages (accessible via up/down swipes) that you can configure.

Control your entire house from just one screen.

Dan
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Seer

I've recently started to take a look at the remote control function as a poor man's HSTouch. Works pretty good. To make it more generic, it would be nice to be able to custom label each screen (Where it says Apple TV, Satellite, etc).

One step further, if a button is attached to an x10/zwave event, it's on/off status would be nice to see by perhaps having the button a different color or something along those lines.

Basically, i'm using the remote control feature like the Favorites feature, execpt i get to group similar devices and events together.

Marc
Old March 18th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Seer Deluxe

Let me take a look at this and see what it would take to do. I'll post here after I've had a chance to look into it.

Dan
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

OK, I've added the renaming feature. Download the new apk from www.danhinsley.com/downloads. Then long press on the spinner with the device names and it will take you to a screen where you can name them whatever you want.

I'm still looking at what it would take to show the status.

Dan
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Seer

Works great. If the text was centered, it would be consistent with the other buttons.