Homeseer Touch Setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Touch Setup?

I am a bit confused on setting up homeseer touch clients. There is connect myhomeseer and there are for servers that can be set up (1,2,3,4). What are the four severs for? I have an android phone setup and it works but the menu items say connect my android and connect my homeseer. What is the difference? Would this be on the first server? If I want to setup another device (android tablet) would it need to be setup on server 2 and then how would myhomeseer figure into the mix? This all is a bit confusing for a newbie. Do you need a separate user name and password for each added device/server? Do you have to register each device with myhomeseer or is this seperate from device/servers? Hope I am making some sense and thanks for the help and clarification...Rick

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    I am a bit confused on setting up homeseer touch clients. There is connect myhomeseer and there are for servers that can be set up (1,2,3,4). What are the four severs for? I have an android phone setup and it works but the menu items say connect my android and connect my homeseer. What is the difference? Would this be on the first server? If I want to setup another device (android tablet) would it need to be setup on server 2 and then how would myhomeseer figure into the mix? This all is a bit confusing for a newbie. Do you need a separate user name and password for each added device/server? Do you have to register each device with myhomeseer or is this seperate from device/servers? Hope I am making some sense and thanks for the help and clarification...Rick
    MyHomeSeer is going to use the MyHS method to connect, whether connecting inside your LAN or outside elsewhere in the world that will work without you needing to do anything really. The downside is that if MyHS is down you can't connect at all.

The other options are for you to connect directly into the HSTouch server, I do this on my clients that do not leave the house - in these fields in the project is my internal IP address and login details. As such these connections do not ever touch MyHS.

The reason you have four is just in case you have say a second home, you could have one connection to your daily home, one to the other home - or you could have different projects so you could have two connections to the same server but with different configurations on them.

You don't need a separate login for each new user, you can use one login for both the Web UI and as many HSTouch clients as you wish. On each Android tablet you can just use server 1 no matter how many clients you have, you don't need to populate server 2/3/4 unless you want to show a different project or connect to a different IP address.

Comment

Working...
    X