No announcement yet.

Setting up RaspBee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I'm not getting anywhere with Ikea bulbs. I can use TouchLink (under the Settings page) and it will find all my bulbs within range. I can press "Blink" and it blinks.

But if I click "Open Network" nothing happens. No bulb is added.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
      But I'm not getting anywhere with Ikea bulbs. I can use TouchLink (under the Settings page) and it will find all my bulbs within range. I can press "Blink" and it blinks.

But if I click "Open Network" nothing happens. No bulb is added.

You have to reset the bulb, either by clicking reset on the webapps page, or by 6 times power on/off of the bulb. Then you can open the network - or choose to scan network in the plugin. Stick with the web app for now?
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I am guessing the ikea bulbs are already registeren to the ikea bridge? The essence is that a bulb or sensor can only register to one gateway at a time
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

No, this is a brand new bulb, I just took it out of the packaging. So if that's all there is too it (just "open the network for new bulbs") then it's not working.

I might have to recheck that firmware on the RaspBee board...
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Ok, then check on the about page on both the webapp and also the deCONZ on the raspbee screen. When I come home, we can compare the firmware part
            -- Wim

Comment

Or maybe someone else chime in to check the firmware part?
              -- Wim

Comment

Success!

I opened up a brand new
                Last edited by Moskus; October 7, 2017, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Great!!! The rgb bulb should work for its colors by using the xy values in jowihue actions, according to github the hue and sat functions seem not to work yet. I am here still hoping to lay my hands on one as it seems the colors are deeper then the philips versions....
                  I am guessing somewhere next week deConz might be updated again
                  -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    I am here still hoping to lay my hands on one as it seems the colors are deeper then the philips versions....
                    I don't have any Hue bulbs so I can't compare, but I was disappointed by the colors of the Ikea RGB bulb. Red is red, but green and blue looks "washed out".

But I'm used to RGB LED strips, I'm guessing there's a difference...

Comment

Setting up RaspBee

Not sure, although philips has led strips, never had a good excuse to get me one.... heard good results on the dresden ballasts and ledstrips from dresden...

And I am using the philips bulbs here, bit weak on green but other colors and changing are very nice and good
                      -- Wim

Comment

I really like the Ikea remotes. All my lights are Z-wave already, and I've never understood that "bulb mentality".

But the the Ikea Remotes are awesome! Kudos!

Comment

So you are up and running? Good to know!

Thanks!

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Moskus,

I checked with the github tonight, they are quite positive with the lights as being more vivid... (I should just find an Ikea here that is already selling the bulb)s... but you need to control it by using the xy values on deCONZ...
                            did you already test the xy values? You can use these with the scenes as well as the JowiHue actions. I am wondering if playing these values show you more then the IKEA app maybe?

Wim

*edit* also there is a sort of announcement that there will be a deCONZ update coming son on the color bulbs
                            -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                              did you already test the xy values? You can use these with the scenes as well as the JowiHue actions. I am wondering if playing these values show you more then the IKEA app maybe?
                              My Osram bulb apparently is an RGB bulb too and at the moment it's hanging next to the Ikea RGB bulb. I'm testing this in the deConz interface.

The Osram bulb is still better than the Ikea bulb, but nothing compares to a RGB led strip at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X