www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HomeSeer DSC Plug-in

HomeSeer DSC Plug-in HomeSeer DSC plug-in for Power Series security panels

Old October 15th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Seer Deluxe

Virtual Key Presses Not Working

I have a screen on HSTouch with a virtual keyboard. When I press the number 0 on that keyboard it triggers an event in HS which in return sends a virtual keypress. However, it seems the DSC alarm system doesn't get it. For instance, when the alarm system is armed and I open a door I type in the security code on the virtual keyboard. The alarm system does not get disarmed, though.

Interestingly, I can see that they HS actually sees that I did press the virtual key as under "Events" I see the "Last Run" date and time correctly listed. I can also arm the system by going to the partition and click on arm. So the connection seems fine but I can't disarm the system with my virtual key pressed. Why could that be?
Old October 20th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Seer Deluxe

This is getting annoying. I did more tests:

* When I look at the HS3 log I can see that the key presses result in some communication.
* When I go to Partition 1 (I have 3) I can click on Arm Partition and it will arm the partition. So the communication channel is fine.

Now when I do click on "Arm Partition" I can see that HS3 sends the value 30. Looking under "Status Graphics" for my partition I can see that 30 means "Arm Partition". So does that mean I have to send some "secret" value to DSC to simulate a button press? In other words, when I am in the event manager and I say to send a virtual keypress I cannot use "0" to send the number 0 but I have to use some secret value that represents 0 (like 30 represent "Arm Partition"?