www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HomeSeer DSC Plug-in

HomeSeer DSC Plug-in HomeSeer DSC plug-in for Power Series security panels

Old January 12th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

time out

Hi Rupp, Forget the last message ...

Installed and working I think.

Mark
Old January 17th, 2010, 02:04 AM
Seer Plus

Mark, thank for this. This is exactly what I had in mind. I used to install DSC alarms about 20 years ago so I'm ok with any of it. I stayed away from wireless sensors. I had one on the back door for awhile until I could get access below so I experienced the delay issue. My sensors make the zone lihts come on pretty well instantly so hopefully HS sees them fairly quickly. I didn't install this system so I'm waiting for my alrm guy to come back and install the com module. It's been sitting on panel for a number of weeks. I need to nag him or if time permits I'll install it myself. Then I'll get the plugin going. Inhave HS Touch but have not done anything with it yet. Seeing what you did has sparked my interest. I didn't know I could do that in hs touch. I'll post an update when I get things running. Not sure when that will be just yet. Thanks again
Brian
Old January 21st, 2010, 03:22 AM
Seer

Zone status checking in events

I've connected a TI-100 to my system and want to set up a manual event that will only run the actions if a zone is Violated.

ie: Close Garage Door
IF EventTriggered AND DSC Zone 1 is Violated THEN Turn ON Output 4

Open Garage Door
IF EventTriggered AND DSC Zone 1 is Normal THEN Turn ON Output 4

I assume I would use Monual With Conditions but none seem to work. They all trigger the actions regarless of the conditions.
Old January 21st, 2010, 08:45 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistinctAV View Post
I've connected a TI-100 to my system and want to set up a manual event that will only run the actions if a zone is Violated.

ie: Close Garage Door
IF EventTriggered AND DSC Zone 1 is Violated THEN Turn ON Output 4

Open Garage Door
IF EventTriggered AND DSC Zone 1 is Normal THEN Turn ON Output 4

I assume I would use Monual With Conditions but none seem to work. They all trigger the actions regarless of the conditions.
You would use the DSC triggers for this.
Old February 1st, 2010, 12:25 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesdale View Post
I am having lots of fun with the DSC plugin from Homeseer. I have an 1832 panel and an IT-100 connected to my HS box via a serial cable.

With HST touch I designed this.

It even gives me a real time look into all the sensors and with the help of BLSecurity I have a virtual perimeter mode. Set it to arm via KPL, iphone or touchscreen and if any zone is broken KPL's start beeping and Sonos starts alarming, BLSecurity calls my phone etc etc.

Do not be afraid of this plug in, I like it.

Mark
Hey Mark, I'm looking at getting the same 1832 panel and IT-100 to connect to a HomeTroller COM port. I don't have HSTouch and will be using a standard HomeSeer2 web interface. How does your DSC Plug-In look in the HS Status page, if you wouldn't mind sharing? Thank you.
Old February 1st, 2010, 05:47 PM
ronsatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesdale View Post
I am having lots of fun with the DSC plugin from Homeseer. I have an 1832 panel and an IT-100 connected to my HS box via a serial cable.

With HST touch I designed this.

It even gives me a real time look into all the sensors and with the help of BLSecurity I have a virtual perimeter mode. Set it to arm via KPL, iphone or touchscreen and if any zone is broken KPL's start beeping and Sonos starts alarming, BLSecurity calls my phone etc etc.

Do not be afraid of this plug in, I like it.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Nice work on HS Touch. I want to do a similar project using MainLobby instead of HSTouch.

I need some coaching on exactly what DSC hardware I need to purchase. I see the 1832 panel sold as a kit, but I assume you need the IT-100 for communication from the panel to the HS box. Is that correct?

If so, does the IT-100 mount in a separate DSC metal box (which I would need to purchase) or is does it go in a PC slot in the HS box?

Also, can my WGL W800 RF receiver read data from the DSC alarm panel and security sensors? Do I need to buy DSC motion sensors, or will x10 motion sensors work?

I also would like to use a DSC thermostat and have it controlled through this plugin. Are you doing that?

Thanks,

Ron Satter

Link to my MainLobby stuff:

http://forum.cinemaronline.com/viewt...p?f=53&t=15577

Last edited by ronsatter; February 1st, 2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:22 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsatter View Post
... I need some coaching on exactly what DSC hardware I need to purchase. I see the 1832 panel sold as a kit, but I assume you need the IT-100 for communication from the panel to the HS box. Is that correct?Yes this is correct

If so, does the IT-100 mount in a separate DSC metal box (which I would need to purchase) or is does it go in a PC slot in the HS box? The one I have is mounted in the DSC enclosure along with the security systems board.

Also, can my WGL W800 RF receiver read data from the DSC alarm panel and security sensors?
No they are on different frequencies

Do I need to buy DSC motion sensors, or will x10 motion sensors work?These will work with your W800 and HomeSeer

I also would like to use a DSC thermostat and have it controlled through this plugin. Are you doing that?
I'm not sure the DSC plugin works with temp sensors.

Thanks,

Ron Satter
Old February 2nd, 2010, 07:44 PM
Super Seer

the com board should mount on the side of the normal case. you can also purchase the larger case and move the boards
Ubuntu 16.10 (64) | HSPro 3.0.0.297 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.124 | Server .94 | BL BackUp | BLOccupied | BLLock | Media Controller | Jowi HUE | HSTouch | DSC-Envisalink | I-Tunes DAAP | DirecTV | Restart | Honeywell WiFi | Weather XML | RFX Com | + Android .117 : IOS 8
Old February 2nd, 2010, 09:31 PM
Seer Master

Hi GearyT, I see you have a DSC 1832. I would be very grateful if you could possibly post a screenshot of how the DSC plug-in wired/wireless sensors look on your HSPro Status Screen (or a scrubbed version) so I have a sense of what I'll be looking at before I actually buy it. Would you mind? Many thanks in anticipation.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 08:12 PM
Super Seer

Sorry, haven't figured out how to do a screen shot
hope this copy and paste helps
If not, drop me a pm and I'll give you a URL

Partition Ready
Trouble Status Restoral PerimeterDSC SecurityPartition 1 [1DSC SecurityToday 4:05:26 PM
Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityFront Door \1DSC SecurityToday 3:57:14 PM
Restored InteriorLiving RoomLiving Room \2DSC Security11/25/2009 6:31:17 PM
Restored InteriorKitchenKitchen Windows \3DSC Security11/25/2009 6:31:17 PM
Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityPatio Door \4DSC SecurityToday 3:49:04 PM
Restored InteriorMaster B/RMaster Bedrrom \5DSC Security11/25/2009 6:31:17 PM
Restored InteriorOfficeOffice Windows \6DSC Security11/25/2009 6:31:17 PM
Restored InteriorSpare B/RSpare Bedroom \7DSC Security11/25/2009 6:31:17 PM
Restored InteriorInteriorGlass Break \8DSC SecurityToday 3:51:45 PM
Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityFront Patio Motion \9DSC SecurityToday 4:05:25 PM
Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityRear Patio Motion \10DSC SecurityToday 4:05:25 PM
Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityGarage Side Door \11DSC SecurityToday 4:05:25 PM
Restored PerimeterDSC SecurityGarage Roll-up Door \12DSC SecurityToday 4:05:25 PM
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:03 PM
jowens14

Here's mine. The Patio and Front doors are wireless, motion detector is wired. Just getting started with this, so only testing with a few sensors.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  117.6 KB
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Super Seer

Hey Vegas... 2 questions

1) how you do that ??
2) do your "last change" times work ??
Old February 6th, 2010, 08:57 AM
jowens14

Found this on the forum FAQ page:
"If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed."

Yes, the last change reports almost instantly when ever a door is opened or motion is activated. I have polling disabled.

Jeff
Old February 7th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Seer Master

Thanks for the screenshot Vegas, it's just what I needed to see!
Old February 8th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Super Seer

thanks Jeff
Old March 20th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Super Seer

Yo Vegas... Henderson here

I notice that your last change times are all the same as are mine
Mine used to work per device, now all my wireless have the same time
but my wired work correctly... can you test one and see if they all change

THanks

Geary
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:00 AM
jowens14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearyt View Post
Yo Vegas... Henderson here

I notice that your last change times are all the same as are mine
Mine used to work per device, now all my wireless have the same time
but my wired work correctly... can you test one and see if they all change

THanks

Geary
We had a power outage overnight and the HS computer rebooted, so all of the DSC devices had the same last change time this morning.
I went out for coffee and checked again when I came back. Each zone I went through on my way out had the last change set to when I went through. Also opened/closed a few windows and each had the time set to the actual time I had opened the window.

I think the reason all the times were the same in my previous post was due to restarting HS while playing with the DSC plugin.

Jeff
Old March 21st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Super Seer

Thanks Jeff

Will have to check for a setting in my DSC setup that causes all times to be the same.. will play tomorrow

geary
Old April 2nd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Super Seer

well ... after completely rebuilding my HS.. I lost all of my problems
Thanks for your help !
Old April 3rd, 2010, 03:06 AM
Seer Deluxe

I had noticed a bug with the DSC plugin that sound similar to what you guys were observing... The DSC plugin will not initialize correctly if a zone changes during intialization (HS reboot)... I have seen this on a couple of occasions... fortunately the zones are typically not changing during a reboot, but I have seen some pretty odd stuff if I happened to trigger one of my motion detectors during a HS reboot.

Hey a new feature... HS is adding links to products it sells just by mentioning them in your post... I did not add the link...
HW: Mini-ITX Atom dual core 1.6 GHz (WinXP SP3) | WGL800 | Z-Troller (v1.12) | ELK800 Amp (ELK Echo Speakers) |
Various Intermatic Z-wave modules, many DS10, Hawkeyes