www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HomeSeer DSC Plug-in

HomeSeer DSC Plug-in HomeSeer DSC plug-in for Power Series security panels

Old January 26th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Seer Master

Hey HS guys...

You need to update the help file to include the new version of the plugs' screen shots and new fields. An explanation on how to use the new features would be nice too.

THe usercode and passcode need explanation as to what to put there...

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38
Old February 15th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Seer Master

New update posted in this forum. The version out now is 2.0.0.7...

So far pretty good. Only have a few more things to work out.
Old February 21st, 2011, 04:18 PM
ecamarda

DSC Power 1832 with IT-100 card

Hello, I want to buy and alarm system to control through homeseer, and I want to know if DSC1832 with RFK5501 panel and IT100 card, could work very fine with the DSC plug-in? In these case which is the pin-out that I need to connect de IT100 to the computer?
Thanks,

Esteban
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Seer Master

Hello and welcome!

Yes, these would work just fine! The new version of the plugin is due out shortly. It is currently in beta on version 2.0.0.13.

Are you using a standard Serial chord or are you making one with a DB9 to RJ45 adapter?

IF you are making one, you need 1 FEMALE DB9 to RJ45 and 1 MALE DB9 to RJ45.

You need to run 2 to 2, 3 to 3 and 5 to 5. Remember that when using the MALE, you have to REVERSE the pins as you did on the female one. THis is because as you insert the male adapter into the IT-100 it will be opposite.
Old August 10th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Seer

I'm looking at integrating my DSC 1832 panel into my HS system. I have a few questions for everyone:

1) I don't have the computer interface module, so I'd need to get that and install it. I have read the posts and it seems as though you need to do a factory reset after you install the IT-100. Does this mean that all the programming of zones, sensors, etc. will be lost? I don't want to re-program the entire system...

2) One post mentioned that the motion sensors have a 6 second built-in delay. Does everyone else have this same experience? If I walk around my house and watch the red LED lights showing on the sensors, there doesn't seem to be the 6 second delay that was suggested in one post - they show up almost instantaneously...so perhaps those sensors are older? I don't think I'll get a high WAF if I create events based on motion that take 6 seconds to kick in. Is there any way to improve the delay?

Look forward to hearing everyone else's experiences.
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphoid View Post
1) I don't have the computer interface module, so I'd need to get that and install it. I have read the posts and it seems as though you need to do a factory reset after you install the IT-100. Does this mean that all the programming of zones, sensors, etc. will be lost? I don't want to re-program the entire system...
I can't speak to having to reset the system - I installed the IT-100 with the original system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphoid View Post
2) One post mentioned that the motion sensors have a 6 second built-in delay. Does everyone else have this same experience? If I walk around my house and watch the red LED lights showing on the sensors, there doesn't seem to be the 6 second delay that was suggested in one post - they show up almost instantaneously...so perhaps those sensors are older? I don't think I'll get a high WAF if I create events based on motion that take 6 seconds to kick in. Is there any way to improve the delay?
If you are using the same motion sensors that I am using, there is nothing you can do with the 6 second delay. We've learned to live with it. I must say that their motion sensors have been very reliable though. I have a couple Insteon and Z-wave motion sensors also which are working fairly well now, but the Insteon sensors were a bugger with just the two receivers I had. I end up getting one of the dual band switches which improved the wireless reception for the Insteon signal. An option you may consider is to use either an Insteon or Z-wave wireless motion sensor for your lighting effects rather than using the DSC ones.
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:23 AM
OverSeer

The most you'll have to do with the IT-100 is enroll it with the DSC panel, just like you would for a keypad. You shouldn't have to do a reset.

I don't use this plug-in so I can't speak to the 6 second delay. My motions are all hardwired security motions and I do not see any delay. If the motion is tripped the keypad should show that almost instantly, if the keypad sees it then so will the IT-100. If you trip a motion is there a delay before the keypad sees it? I suppose there could be a delay if you are using wireless but I can't speak to that, I'm not a big fan of wireless.
Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Seer

All of my motion detectors are also hardwired. So is the delay only with wireless motion detectors then?
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM
OverSeer

I don't notice any delay here. I also don't use them for turning lights on and off, they are strictly security devices.

You should be able to check easy enough. Get someone to move in front of the motion while you stand at the security keypad and see how long it takes to show "not ready". Whatever time it takes is the same amount of time you will get using the IT-100. I don't use this particular plug-in so for all I know it's a plug-in induced delay. I can't really speak to the plug-in part.
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Seer

I keep getting the following error ...

I have uninstalled - and reinstalled ...

I have a Maxsys with 4401

I will get a trouble on the panel with HS is closed down however when it starts back up i no longer get an error about PClink but cant connect.

Any ideas?

11/7/2011 9:06:31 PM DSC Security Rebuilding DSC devices 11/7/2011 9:06:31 PM DSC Security Devices created Successfully. 11/7/2011 9:06:39 PM DSC DEBUG Sending command to panel... 11/7/2011 9:06:39 PM DSC DEBUG Send Data: 00191 11/7/2011 9:06:52 PM DSC DEBUG Sending command to panel... 11/7/2011 9:06:52 PM DSC DEBUG Send Data: 00191 11/7/2011 9:07:04 PM DSC DEBUG Sending command to panel... 11/7/2011 9:07:04 PM DSC DEBUG Send Data: 00191 11/7/2011 9:07:09 PM DSC DEBUG Sending command to panel... 11/7/2011 9:07:09 PM DSC DEBUG Send Data: 0301C4 11/7/2011 9:07:16 PM DSC DEBUG Sending command to panel... 11/7/2011 9:07:17 PM DSC DEBUG Send Data: 00191
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesdale View Post
I am having lots of fun with the DSC plugin from Homeseer. I have an 1832 panel and an IT-100 connected to my HS box via a serial cable.

With HST touch I designed this.

It even gives me a real time look into all the sensors and with the help of BLSecurity I have a virtual perimeter mode. Set it to arm via KPL, iphone or touchscreen and if any zone is broken KPL's start beeping and Sonos starts alarming, BLSecurity calls my phone etc etc.

Do not be afraid of this plug in, I like it.

Mark
I've using my DSC panel integration to show the little green padlocks on an overlay of my house floor plan just like Mark.
The problem i've run into is when i add more zones or change any config related to the DSC plugin i find that all my associations on hstouch dissappear and i have to go onto all of them re-linking them to the relevant partition. Also along similar lines if i rename the zones in homeseer and changes DSC config (say, adding another 8 zones) results in it defaulting everything back to zone1,zone2 etc
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Seer Master

I have a Power Series 632 installed in my house. It was here when we bought the house. Is this system compatible? Also can anyone help me set this thing up as far as resetting it? I can't figure out how to get into the controls as they were obviously previously set up by the previous owner.
Tks
Global Cach/Ultra-GCIR | Etherrain | Jon00 | Sonos | Blue Iris | URC Whole Home Remotes | Philips Hue | Nest | Grandstream | Leviton | Aeon Labs | Cooper | Kwikset | Evolve | Envisalink/DSC | Amazon Alexa/IFTT
Old March 15th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Seer

Motion Sensor Help

I have a 1832 connected to my HS and IT100 is communicating great with homeseer but I can't seem to figure out how to use a trigger off my motion sensor. (triggers are working off the door and window contacts)
I don't know where my problem is I have my motion sensors set as 04 (interior) and the trigger set off of change to open. I have also tried setting the motion sensor to 01. Is there something I am missing? Oh and everything is hardwired.

Thanks
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:10 PM
OverSeer

I can't speak to your problem since I don't use the HomeSeer plug-in but do your motions show open or closed when they are tripped on the device status page. I use mine set as 05 but that shouldn't matter for this.
Old June 18th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Seer Master

A DSC Security Panel, either MAXSYS or Power864 Series must be installed in your home, and connected with a PC communications module. Refer to your DSC documentation on more information on how to set up these interfaces

Is this model information still correct?
I'm having my system replaced and want to make sure I get a compatible panel.
Thanks
Old June 19th, 2013, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario23 View Post
A DSC Security Panel, either MAXSYS or Power864 Series must be installed in your home, and connected with a PC communications module. Refer to your DSC documentation on more information on how to set up these interfaces

Is this model information still correct?
I'm having my system replaced and want to make sure I get a compatible panel.
Thanks
I guess you can use any model compatible with the IT-100 interface.

An alternative to the IT-100 interface + DSC plugin is the EnvisaLink interface + EnvisaLink plugin: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1140

One benefit of EnvisaLink over IT-100 is that it's IP based so no need of any serial to IP stuff.
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Seer Master

Wow thanks...I missed that!
I'm trying to figure out what DSC model I should get now.
I know very little about alarm panels...never have really played with them so this all new.
My security guy was really encouraging me to check out 2Gig but from what I've read, as good as it is, it doesn't integrate with HS.
Thanks again.
Old June 20th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Super Seer

1800 series IE: 1832 is probably the most common panel (32 zones.. I run 24 )
current version is 4.6 if you go shopping. I just upgraded the panel, I've had it for years...
Ubuntu 16.10 (64) | HSPro 3.0.0.297 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.124 | Server .94 | BL BackUp | BLOccupied | BLLock | Media Controller | Jowi HUE | HSTouch | DSC-Envisalink | I-Tunes DAAP | DirecTV | Restart | Honeywell WiFi | Weather XML | RFX Com | + Android .117 : IOS 8
Old August 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hey guys - so just to verify, I can use the EVL-3 - Envisalink Internet Alert Module for DSC instead of the IT-100?
Old August 14th, 2013, 01:38 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robilium View Post
Hey guys - so just to verify, I can use the EVL-3 - Envisalink Internet Alert Module for DSC instead of the IT-100?
Not with this plugin. There's a new plugin for this interface.