X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A server based deployment process where an updated HSTouch app can automatically push to the client the next time it connects is a great addition.

I'd also like to see the following:

1. A way to change your connection from the IOS clients while the app is running.

2. In the designer when you copy and paste an element the new element is positioned behind the one you copied. It would be more convienient if the new element was positioned below the original one so it is easy to grab and move it.

Comment

Originally posted by adidas4275 View Post

faster loading time for ios client, the ability to have the apple device to sleep with out losing its wifi connection.

Make sure it supported "multitasking" in ios4

+1

Comment

Feature Request

When you right click an element two of the choices are "Send Backward" and "Bring Forward". I would like to see added "Sent to the BacK" and "Bring to the Front".

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Ken LaCapria View Post
          When you right click an element two of the choices are "Send Backward" and "Bring Forward". I would like to see added "Sent to the BacK" and "Bring to the Front".

Ken
          I second this request, or be able to completely see a list of the Z-order of elements in a screen and be able to drag / drop them to the order you want..
          -Christopher
          PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Not meaning to hi-jack this thread, but is there a way that the screens can rotate (change) when no one is physically taping on the screen? Saying that, I'd like my screen to display the weather for 1 minute, then the temperatures, then security and so on. As soon as the screen is used, then the focus will remain until some timeout thereafter and then automatically change after a no use timeout.

Rob
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

You can make an event in HS that rotates the screens using pushes out to the client.

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                You can make an event in HS that rotates the screens using pushes out to the client.

--Dan
                Never noticed that... I guess you need to create an event for each screen???
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

What I would do, is make a script with the list of screens rotating. It should have a variable that is set, so next time it is called it knows where it left off, so it can push the next screen. Could do a linked list, or an array for the listing of screens.

Have an event call that script every XX seconds, which just calls the script.
                  Have a "stop" button or a "jump to button" on each of your screens.

When a screen pops up, and you want to JUMP to something, you hit that button, which will disable the event and bring up a screen which lists a bunch of screens to jump to.

The stop button would just disable the event.

The hard part is how to set it back to scrolling through screens. if you want it automated, you'll need to add into every button / touch something to reset the counter.

Or just say, after every time it is disabled, 10 minutes later re-enable the scrolling script event. -- if this is the choice, you could use something like my update event to re-enable the scrolling event. This means to extend the couter you'd only need to push the stop button a second time, which would reset the 10 minute counter. This means your stop and you jump buttons would not only disable the scrolling event, but it would need to start up something else that would delay then re-enable the scrolling event. Or if you clicked the jump button again, as in this is how you move around in HSTouch, it would just keep resetting the coutner each time someone went to a new page.

--This was off the top of my head, so there might be holes I did not think of. I think this is how I would go with this.

--Dan
                  Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Thanks Dan. You've brought up an interesting process...

Comment

I have a windows and an andriod client. I try to keep the screen names the same i.e. "Weather" or "Main" etc. At the top of each hour, I set those clients to the "Weather" screen and jump back to the "Main" screen after 15 mins. If there is a weather alert for my area, I do the same. I am just now setting up my cameras so that the clients jump to that camera's screen based on motion.
                      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

This advanced stuff is where HST usually falls on its face.
                        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                          This advanced stuff is where HST usually falls on its face.
                          True - I've recently hit a snag when I turn off my screens at night - I cant turn them back on! For example, I have a hidden button on the screen (windows) that runs an LCDOff.exe that turns off the display. At 10p I have an event that simulates the release of that button and it turns it off. At 6a, I'd like the screen to wake back up, but nothing I've tried works
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Better Grouping of Skins/Graphics

I would like the graphics grouped by type(Sliders, Buttons, Music, Thermostats...), rather than color & style (Green Neon, Pink Neon, Red Neon...)

Say you need a Thermostat - you have to open all 11 skin folders to see that 9 of them don't even have anything in their "Thermostat" folder

If I need a slider - show me all the sliders in one location. Some of the skin folders have no sliders, or as few as 1.

There are also a lot of duplicates where the exact same buttons, graphics, custom (Weather5DayRSS, etc.) apprear in multiple "color folders".

Comment

Save Common RSS Feeds

In the RSS browser for RSSUrlNormal, there are 3 "Common RSS Feeds". It would be nice to be able to save our own frequently used URLs, too.

Comment

Please give me the option to move an element "to the top" or to the front layer as opposed to having to click it over and over again. I have made a custom element and then wanted to set it inside a graphic and since it was on of the first elements I made, I am on my zillionth "Bring Forward".

Comment

Working...
                                X