Z troller quit responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rupp:

I don't remember ever changing the serial port settings. If I remember correctly, I just plugged it in and it worked. Something might be different now

Comment

Update:

The ZT was running 1.12 firmware. I downloaded 1.15 to install. I followed all procedures (txt file). When I tried to check version, the ZT would give a code of b 39 or B 41, B 42 and B 42 (the space was blank on the 4 character display). This repeated every time. I then downloaded 1.17 (current version) and it did the same. I tried this on serial port as well as a USB to serial conversion cable. (Results the same)

I move the ZT to another machine and tried the same and downloaded 1.15. The ZT keeps scrolling the numbers 63 to 62 very quickly about every 10 sec. I tried updated and the 63 to 62 kept flashing. There is no HS installed on this machine that I am testing with.

I tried setting the serial port to both 9600 (default) and 115k but no luck either way.

Comment

The 6 is typically a B and is indicating a battery issue. I would recommend putting in an RMA to get it tested and fixed and or replaced.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Are you saying the firmware update progaram is not recognizing the z-troller and version of the firmware it is running?

Comment

Rupp:

I removed the batteries per the firmware upgrade instructions. I replaced them and try to upgrade the firmware and the "B" messages went away.

Kaldoon:

Yes, the firmware upgrade software did not see the Z-troller. I verified the firmware when I removed the batteries and re-installed. I tried the Z-troller on 2 different machines using 2 different types of serial ports. Both set to 9600 and 115200 but no luck. The unit is flashing 63/62 quickly every 8-10 seconds.

- Mike

Comment

Sounds like it's time for an RMA to have yours tested and or replaced.

Comment

Rupp:

That is strange that it dies for sitting idle for 2-4 weeks. It worked perfectly before the machine was rebuilt for a hard failure

What is the cost of repair? I owned this unit since the ZTrollers first came out in '06

- Mike

Comment

I'm not sure what the cost is. I agree it's odd but I'm not sure what your options are at this point.

Comment

Working...
                  X