How to query Z-wave current device status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to query Z-wave current device status

I'm using the Hometroller - I'm never sure if my post belongs in here because it's HS3 related. Apologies if I'm in the wrong space.

I have several Z-wave devices connected to my Hometroller Zee.
    I'm not sure which is the correct event to use to determine the current status of a device.
    I.e. I want to determine if my pool heater is currently on, so that I can then make an intelligent decision about shutting off the pump.

Can anyone suggest the appropriate event condition to test for?
    They seem a little vague in testing for *current* status, hence my confusion.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post
    I'm using the Hometroller - I'm never sure if my post belongs in here because it's HS3 related. Apologies if I'm in the wrong space.

I have several Z-wave devices connected to my Hometroller Zee.
    I'm not sure which is the correct event to use to determine the current status of a device.
    I.e. I want to determine if my pool heater is currently on, so that I can then make an intelligent decision about shutting off the pump.

Can anyone suggest the appropriate event condition to test for?
    They seem a little vague in testing for *current* status, hence my confusion.
    Thanks
    You need to decide what would trigger the check of status for the device such as:

IF The Time is 12:00 PM
    AND IF The pool heater is OFF

THEN Set the pool pump to OFF

Another would be:

IF the pool heater has been OFF for exactly 5 minutes
    AND IF the pool pump is ON

THEN set the pool pump to OFF

You could use a manually triggered event with a condition:

IF This event is manually triggered
    AND IF The pool heater is OFF

THEN Set the pool pump to OFF

Call the above event from another event triggered by a virtual switch or some other means of running the event. You just need to decide when you want to check if the heater is on, then trigger an event to make the check.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
    X