Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW - HS-WV100+ Z-Wave Plus Water Valves!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
    Thank you. I was worried that there was a problem with them working with HS as to why you stopped selling them.

Thank you again, I will wait until I see the 3/4" as I am hoping to use them on house hot water line.
    OK great. If you clicked the "notify me" button on the product page and entered your email, you'll automatically get a notification when they are back in stock.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      OK great. If you clicked the "notify me" button on the product page and entered your email, you'll automatically get a notification when they are back in stock.
      That would be great but I cannot find them on the HS store anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
        That would be great but I cannot find them on the HS store anywhere.
        I didn't know what you meant but looks like they went "invisible" after going out of stock. All fixed now and BACK IN STOCK! https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...brand_homeseer

Comment

I have one of these to be installed on my water line.

Could this valve also be used to control a propane tank gas line?

Comment

I am installing several of these in my home. I will keep the existing ball valves as well. But for simplicity sake with a potential remove/replace in the future, is there a way to install these so they can be easily removed in the future? My biggest valve is 1.25", and I'm already not comfortable with soldering.

Any suggestions for installation to make potential future remove/replace easier???

Comment

Originally posted by NetworkGuy View Post
              I am installing several of these in my home. I will keep the existing ball valves as well. But for simplicity sake with a potential remove/replace in the future, is there a way to install these so they can be easily removed in the future? My biggest valve is 1.25", and I'm already not comfortable with soldering.

Any suggestions for installation to make potential future remove/replace easier???
              If your piping is copper, most likely some soldering will be necessary. A union fitting will make removal simpler in the future. A flexible section (copper water heater connector, etc.) or two can also make installation more DIY friendly, depending on the situation. If you'll post pictures of your specific piping conditions I'm sure you'll get some helpful suggestions.
              -Wade

Comment

Is the ball valve's internal measurement the same as the water pipe's, or full bore?
                This would be a nice addition to a travel trailer where water leaks can be a problem.
                Been thinking a Zee S2 would be nice on my fifth wheel.
                I've already seen a MOD where same type of 12V ball valve was installed in a fifth wheel plumbing.
                I've got the same type of 12V ball valve on my pickup's aux diesel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Gosuna View Post
                  Is the ball valve's internal measurement the same as the water pipe's, or full bore?
                  It's a full bore valve.

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

If your piping is copper, most likely some soldering will be necessary. A union fitting will make removal simpler in the future. A flexible section (copper water heater connector, etc.) or two can also make installation more DIY friendly, depending on the situation. If you'll post pictures of your specific piping conditions I'm sure you'll get some helpful suggestions.
                    Sorry for the late reply. I really like Tapatalk, but since the board upgrade, it no longer works for me. And I can't get board email notifications because it floods my inbox! I am going to have my HomeSeer water valves (7 total) installed using unions before and after each HomeSeer valve with a manual 90-degree turn valve in front of each HomeSeer valve. That way I can turn off water flow in the future if a replacement valve is needed. Appreciate the comments!
                    Last edited by NetworkGuy; October 9, 2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Can this valve be used as a water meter, to get graphs of water usage over time ? I assume it has to measure water usage already to some degree for the leak detection.

Comment

Originally posted by madbrain View Post
                        Can this valve be used as a water meter, to get graphs of water usage over time ? I assume it has to measure water usage already to some degree for the leak detection.
                        You would be mistaken. This is a water "Valve" not a meter or flow detector at all. This valve is just a motorized ball valve. Only sensing it does to a small degree is if the valve is open or closed. On it's own it doesn't know if water is leaking or flowing at all. That control would come from Homeseer and other input devices you might have.

Normally you would buy this and also buy several leak sensors and place them around the house (under sink, next to hot water heater, next to washer and dryer or other areas of high chances of a leak). Those leak sensors just detect water by the continuity of water and closing/completing a circuit on the sensor. They also don't measure flow.

To detect/sense flow and measure it you will need a water meter with a magnetic pickup on it and a zwave pickup device.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post

You would be mistaken. This is a water "Valve" not a meter or flow detector at all. This valve is just a motorized ball valve. Only sensing it does to a small degree is if the valve is open or closed. On it's own it doesn't know if water is leaking or flowing at all. That control would come from Homeseer and other input devices you might have.

Normally you would buy this and also buy several leak sensors and place them around the house (under sink, next to hot water heater, next to washer and dryer or other areas of high chances of a leak). Those leak sensors just detect water by the continuity of water and closing/completing a circuit on the sensor. They also don't measure flow.

To detect/sense flow and measure it you will need a water meter with a magnetic pickup on it and a zwave pickup device.
                          Ah, I see ! I understand now. I already have water leak detector devices, but they are just dumb ones, not smart ones. A lot of sinks in the house, so I have about 10 such detectors.

I'm concerned about detecting other leaks, though, in toilet bowls or even irrigation. This is something that would require long-term water usage data, and some sophisticated algorithms to analyze it. Are you aware of any water meter device that works with Homeseer ?

Comment

Ah, I see ! I understand now. I already have water leak detector devices, but they are just dumb ones, not smart ones. A lot of sinks in the house, so I have about 10 such detectors.

I'm concerned about detecting other leaks, though, in toilet bowls or even irrigation. This is something that would require long-term water usage data, and some sophisticated algorithms to analyze it. Are you aware of any water meter device that works with Homeseer ?
                            I have a Fortrezz unit that works with HS3 or 4. But using it to automatically detect a leak is near impossible. One extra flush of a toilet at 2am would throw everything off. There is too many variables for it to work out. With sprinklers, pool auto top off, ice make, water softener and other automated water users that may run random times or days it near impossible to tell a leaky toilet from a normal activity.

I have used it in the past just to check into things like when I thought my pool was leaking water due to alot of water usage only to find out that when I run a waterfall on the pool water evaporation like trippled vs. without it on that lead me to change the way or time when I use the waterfall rather then anytime the pool pump is on.

But actual automation it's never helped me in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post

I have a Fortrezz unit that works with HS3 or 4.
                              Nice how long have you had it ? Has it reduced the water pressure inside your home at all ?

But using it to automatically detect a leak is near impossible. One extra flush of a toilet at 2am would throw everything off. There is too many variables for it to work out. With sprinklers, pool auto top off, ice make, water softener and other automated water users that may run random times or days it near impossible to tell a leaky toilet from a normal activity.
                              I wonder why it's that hard. A leaky toilet would show continuous consumption. That should be one of the easiest cases to detect, if water consumption never goes to zero in say, a 24 hour period. It would likely need sub-gallon resolution, though. What's the interval between readings ? Seconds ? Minutes ? Hours ?

I'm a bit wary of the feature "Automatically turn off water if TOO MUCH water is flowing" . Sometimes I do want to fill up my 95 gallon bath tub, or 380 gallon hot tub. Is that automatic stop feature configurable ? I hope so.

Comment

Nice how long have you had it ? Has it reduced the water pressure inside your home at all ?

I wonder why it's that hard. A leaky toilet would show continuous consumption. That should be one of the easiest cases to detect, if water consumption never goes to zero in say, a 24 hour period. It would likely need sub-gallon resolution, though. What's the interval between readings ? Seconds ? Minutes ? Hours ?

I'm a bit wary of the feature "Automatically turn off water if TOO MUCH water is flowing" . Sometimes I do want to fill up my 95 gallon bath tub, or 380 gallon hot tub. Is that automatic stop feature configurable ? I hope so.
                                I had it around 2-3 years, no difference in flow.

You make your own events in homeseer. There is no auto anything without you creating an event. So you make an event to check the reading, then recheck it in X amount of min. So if you have an event check the reading then check again in 5min and if it used more then 1 gallon shut off water valve.

But as you can see how would you know if that was because you flushed the toilet during that time or if it was leaking during that time. Or if you washed your hands in the sink.

The best you'll be able to do is check in the middle of the night when normally your asleep and no water should be used. But if for some reason the icemaker uses water or you just happened to get up at that time during the night then it will shut off water even though it shouldnt have.

Bottomline its not that easy using flow to check for a leak.

Comment

Working...
                                X