No announcement yet.

WD200+ LED Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also I would like to see a way to adjust the brightness of the leds, I can only use red as the other colors will light up my room at night and make it hard to sleep.

Comment

I found that if you use the audit function that the ID does change to 3036 which seem to be the one for the WD200 from the WD100's 3034 and you can then access the LEDs. However, it looks like it's not saved and thus goes away when you restart HS so you have to do the audit again. So, IMHO, I don't see and issue refreshing and saving it.

Is there ANY way to force saving the information that was updated by the audit command? I've got 4 more WD100 that I want to update to WD200, total of 5, in the next few days and I really don't want to have to go in manually, EVERYTIME I restart, and do an audit on all 5 of my new WD200. I also don't want to go though all of them and exclude and include due to the time it takes to rebuild some 50 or more scenes.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      If you used "Replace Node" on the HS-WS100+ Z-Wave tab, it will not work. The correct root for the 200 will not be built, despite the fact that the Central Scene VS pairs are updated. You will have to exclude/include it in order for the correct root to be built. This will break any events, so be sure and filter and print your event list for both the multilevel and central scene of the device so that you can edit them.
      See post #33 above.
      I know I've been vocal on this but excluding and including and breaking scenes, IMHO, is totally unacceptable when upgrading dimmers. One should always be able to update any simple, no features, dimmer that has no extra features to either a WD100 or WD200 or updating a WD100 to a WD200 without loosing anything. There should be a much simpler and user friendly way to do the upgrading. I can't see a non technical person trying to swap dimmers which is not good for sales of HS3.

Downgrading as far as I'm concerned is not an issue that really needs to be addressed. If you need to do that then you've got many more problems to worry about and you're going to do a lot of manual changes since you're loosing the ability to control events.

The ability to upgrade dimmers, IMHO, should be a priority and any feature upgrades to HS3 should be on hold till that's fixed.

Might I make a suggestion? I've run beta programs and product software releases cycles. One thing we always did was to keep a copy of any release, or at least the last one, so if something came up it could be patched and released without having to wait till the current one in beta was released. That way small bugs could be patched quickly without waiting for the next release or in this case allowing the audit data to be saved. We would just and a decimal point number to the current release such as 435.1. Just something to think about.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      We will note the feedback and see. If the colors are not correct or consistent, we will look into that. Bust as for adjusting them, the Z-Wave chip does not have enough I/O ports to any further settings from the software.
      Can you PWM the LEDs? If so that would allow for color adjustments or dimming. Still I suspect that you're already running them in a matrix, to keep the pins count down, and in that case PWMing would be quite difficult.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Deimos_Anomaly View Post
        Also I would like to see a way to adjust the brightness of the leds, I can only use red as the other colors will light up my room at night and make it hard to sleep.
        I have the LEDs blink when a door is open or some other bad thing is occuring. The light keeping me awake is what I want. Though- having the ability to dim would be nice.
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

It would be a lot of work to allow you to repace one dimmer with a totally different dimmer. This is due to the way child devices are created and maintained. Yes, the multilevel device is the same between the 2 dimmers but the underlying data is different. So figuring out what to change between the 2 would be a nightmare. Also, I think the number of users upgrading dimmers is very small.

I will take a look as to why data is not being saved on a re-scan, that does not make sense.

As for dimming the LEDS, that would require new hardware and even then, I am not sure we have enough I/O lines left. Maybe something we could look at for the 700 series Z-Wave chip.

Originally posted by Timon View Post
          I found that if you use the audit function that the ID does change to 3036 which seem to be the one for the WD200 from the WD100's 3034 and you can then access the LEDs. However, it looks like it's not saved and thus goes away when you restart HS so you have to do the audit again. So, IMHO, I don't see and issue refreshing and saving it.

Is there ANY way to force saving the information that was updated by the audit command? I've got 4 more WD100 that I want to update to WD200, total of 5, in the next few days and I really don't want to have to go in manually, EVERYTIME I restart, and do an audit on all 5 of my new WD200. I also don't want to go though all of them and exclude and include due to the time it takes to rebuild some 50 or more scenes.

I know I've been vocal on this but excluding and including and breaking scenes, IMHO, is totally unacceptable when upgrading dimmers. One should always be able to update any simple, no features, dimmer that has no extra features to either a WD100 or WD200 or updating a WD100 to a WD200 without loosing anything. There should be a much simpler and user friendly way to do the upgrading. I can't see a non technical person trying to swap dimmers which is not good for sales of HS3.

Downgrading as far as I'm concerned is not an issue that really needs to be addressed. If you need to do that then you've got many more problems to worry about and you're going to do a lot of manual changes since you're loosing the ability to control events.

The ability to upgrade dimmers, IMHO, should be a priority and any feature upgrades to HS3 should be on hold till that's fixed.

Might I make a suggestion? I've run beta programs and product software releases cycles. One thing we always did was to keep a copy of any release, or at least the last one, so if something came up it could be patched and released without having to wait till the current one in beta was released. That way small bugs could be patched quickly without waiting for the next release or in this case allowing the audit data to be saved. We would just and a decimal point number to the current release such as 435.1. Just something to think about.

Can you PWM the LEDs? If so that would allow for color adjustments or dimming. Still I suspect that you're already running them in a matrix, to keep the pins count down, and in that case PWMing would be quite difficult.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

As I said, I can handle replacing a simple dimmer by hand since you're mainly looking at a minimum number of events. In the case of moving from a WD100 to a WD200 you can have lots of events because you're taking advantage of the scene controller.

So, although I'd love to see the ability to replace any node if we can easily replace WD100 with WD200 I'd be very pleased. And since I think it's likely that many people who buy WD200 will likely put some of them in place of WD100s due to the status ability. I think they would be very pleased as well.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I recently had to replace 6 failed old switches with the new HS WS200+ ones and want to program LED color. I don’t have HS-WX200 action on the drop-down menu for Z-Wave Actions.

HS3 ZEE S2 version 3.0.0.548
              Z-wave plugin version 3.0.1.252

Can anyone shed some light on this, seems as an old issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Zillinger View Post
                I recently had to replace 6 failed old switches with the new HS WS200+ ones and want to program LED color. I don’t have HS-WX200 action on the drop-down menu for Z-Wave Actions.

HS3 ZEE S2 version 3.0.0.548
                Z-wave plugin version 3.0.1.252

Can anyone shed some light on this, seems as an old issue.
                Are you sure you are not looking at a child device?

Comment

You need to look under the root of the device on the Z-Wave tab under settings

Click image for larger version

Name:	LEDColor.png
Views:	193
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1347165

Comment

Originally posted by dmiller View Post
                    Are you sure you are not looking at a child device?
                    Thank you, I am not sure I know what child means. It is a primary switch in the wall.

Comment

When you initially add a device to your z-wave system there are one or more "devices"(a group of devices representing individual capabilities of the physical device) listed on your Device Status page. Usually the first device(top of the list) has a name including the word "root" --this is the PARENT device and is selected when you want to control features that are feature-independent such as scanning, optimizing, setting parameter and associations. The devices listed below the PARENT are the unique features of the PARENT(and called CHILD Devices). In your case the CHILD device is the switch(on-off function only) and is independent of the indicator lights(also CHILD devices). Hope that clear.

Comment

Thank you all for help. I added a few copies of my system. For example Node 4 - Den the first line is the parent - correct? Homeseer Tech Switch Binary, that is the one I used.

Comment

It seem as I don't have these bottom options available. Do these functions need to be turn on somehow? All 6 switches were purchased about a month ago, 5 from Homeseer directly and one via Amazon.

Comment

Issue solved with help from the HomeSeer help line. I replaced the bad 100 switches using “replace the node” in device Z-wave page. Worked great, I didn’t have to reprogram my events. But the program assume that new switches were 100 not 200+. HomeSeer fellow recommended to run “rescan” but it didn’t help. He followed by recommending to “You will want to remove one of these switches from your network using the path: Plugins > Z-Wave > Controller Management. Select your Z-Wave interface and on the actions drop down menu select "Remove exclude a node" option and then add it back and test” which I think would require reprogramming but am not sure.

I tried “Audit this node” and it worked. Change all new 200+ to the real functioning ones.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                            X