This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How well does this work?

I am considering picking up the receiver unit and a GC100 so that I can place all my HT components in a cabinet/closet and still use my Harmony remote. I have setup and tried using HSTouch and my iTach and I just don't really care for it. The interface is much more clunky than my Harmony 900, so if I could continue using it and just have the receiver catch anything I shoot at it and send it to a blaster, or something like that in the cabinet I think I would like that better.

Am I just barking up the wrong tree here? Should I be looking at something like a Xantech instead of this?

OK, I think I have an idea here. So I could use a Zantech connector block to receive and transmit the IR around, and then if I want to catch IR and have it trigger events or what have you on my HS system, then I can use the GC-IRE and the GC-CGX to connect my Xantech block to the PC for this.

Am I on the right track with this?

Comment

If all you want to achieve is to move your equipment into a cabinet and use your Harmony to control it then you just need some of the simpler IR extenders (like the Xantec you mentioned).

If you are looking for HS to pick up on IR commands you issue from the Harmony, then yes you'd need something like the GC-IRE, but I'm not sure there is support in HS for this device?
      Nicolai L

Comment

I thought that was what the Global Cache IR Receiver plugin was? Am I not understanding it properly?

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
          I thought that was what the Global Cache IR Receiver plugin was? Am I not understanding it properly?
          I had overlooked that one, but reading the description you have it spot on. I would say that should do exactly that.
          Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
          X