Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam Calls

Hi Bob:

Lately I've been getting some calls where instead of a number it just says private caller or some other text based entry.

The plug-in will only allow me to block calls with a number. Is there a way or could there be a way to block these calls that spoofed a text based entry instead of the number?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

I assume you are talking about HS3.

Can you show me an example of what you mean?
    When entering a number to block you just enter in the number
    Show me what you mean
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      I assume you are talking about HS3.

Can you show me an example of what you mean?
      When entering a number to block you just enter in the number
      Show me what you mean
      I'm still on HS2 but it works the same in the HS3 version. The screenshot shows the type of entry I get. Since there is no number I never get the button to block. The plug-in seems to only be able to block an entry that has a number, not a text spoof. To tell the truth I'd be just as happy if i could just automatically block all entries that did not have a number showing where there is supposed to be one.
      Attached Files
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

I can change the plugin to do that but it will only happen in the HS3 plugin as I am not making any changes to HS2 plugins
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

The HS3 plugin has been updated to handle this.
          It is version 2.0.15 in the HS3 updater
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

One option is to block the private/unknown calls at the Telco level. Even though I am running an Asterisk PBX now I still have blocked the private/unknown calls at my Telco provider (FIOS now, but Comcast had the same feature available).

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
              I can change the plugin to do that but it will only happen in the HS3 plugin as I am not making any changes to HS2 plugins
              I fully understand that Bob, I'm sure I'll get a functional HS3 system one of these days and then I'll be golden.

thank you!
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBoy70_99 View Post
                One option is to block the private/unknown calls at the Telco level. Even though I am running an Asterisk PBX now I still have blocked the private/unknown calls at my Telco provider (FIOS now, but Comcast had the same feature available).
                I thought I had done that at one point, maybe over time that setting disappeared. I'll have to check that.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                  I fully understand that Bob, I'm sure I'll get a functional HS3 system one of these days and then I'll be golden.

thank you!
                  It is just too much work to have to retrofit all changes in the HS3 plugin back to the HS2 plugins. I just have too many to do

HS3 has been pretty solid here. I have not used HS2 since the middle of last year
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X