Caddx plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong PIN

I am having the same issue as others. It will connect to the panel, but it won't take the pin. Also the settings are saving.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemendoza View Post
      I am having the same issue as others. It will connect to the panel, but it won't take the pin. Also the settings are saving.
      I know nobody who has still this issue.

You said it does connect to the panel? Do you see the panel type in GREEN on the config page?

How do you connect, using simple RS232 or USB to RS232. Did you try a restart of your system ?
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Yes I see the green "Caddx Panel type : NetworX NX-8v2" on the config page. After that it says: "Pincode is incorrect or unable to communicate with the panel (check pincode, com port and baudrate)."

I am running Windows 7 using RS232. I am able to connect with DL900 fine.

Comment

Yes I see the green "Caddx Panel type : NetworX NX-8v2" on the config page. After that it says: "Pincode is incorrect or unable to communicate with the panel (check pincode, com port and baudrate)."

I am running Windows 7 using RS232. I am able to connect with DL900 fine.
          Ok that's good. This means you can 'talk' to the panel.

Which pincode do you use ? It must be the code from user01 !!

Did this work with the HS2 version ? Have you tried a restart ?
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
            Ok that's good. This means you can 'talk' to the panel.

Which pincode do you use ? It must be the code from user01 !!

Did this work with the HS2 version ? Have you tried a restart ?
            user01 pincode. I did not have HS2. I am new to HS. I tried restart, reboot, reinstall,... No luck.

Comment

user01 pincode. I did not have HS2. I am new to HS. I tried restart, reboot, reinstall,... No luck.
              Are you sure you typed the pincode and hit save BEFORE you clicked verify? If you do anything else besides clicking save after entering the code, it won't work.

Comment

I had to change the settings in the 594e board (Address 72). Once I changed the settings, it no longer connected to the DL900 program. I tried to connect to HS anyway. It worked!!!

Comment

Then I will need your log file(debug on) and ini file. See documentation where to sent it to.

Thanks,
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm afraid, I then need your logging, ini file etc. See documentation how to do this.
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Zones and Partitions Recognized, Reporting, Pin Code Invalid

I have connected HS3 Caddx 3.0.0.0 Plug-In to my CADDX panel at Baudrate: 9600 and get a Green Caddx Panel Type: NetworX NX-8v2 after I restarted HS3.

Next, I entered my User01 pin code, clicked Save, and attempted to Verify PinCode. I get "Pincode is incorrect or unable to communicate with the panel

I restarted HS3 again, and received the same error. I went into my CADDX system and verified User01 pincode (and even tried User02) but I cannot get the Pin to verify.

I decided to see if I could get Zone info without validating the pin code, so then I went into Caddx Zones tab and checked all the zones that are used. The plug-in loaded the names of all my zones. I was also able to go into the Caddx Partitions tab and click Get Partition Info (I have only one) and the Partition State changed to "Valid Partition" for Partition 1.

Finally, I was able to create all the HS Devices for the Partition and the Zones, see their status, and even arm and disarm the alarm, but I am still receiving the Pincode is incorrect... error.

It seems everything works even without a valid pincode, or else the pincode has really been accepted but is just reporting as incorrect. I can see the encrypted PanelPinCode is present in the hspi_Caddx.ini file, but I'm not sure it is good to be able to arm/disarm without a valid pincode. Any ideas why the pin code still appears to be invalid?

For anyone who is wondering about the physical connection, I used a StarTech.com "1 Port FTDI USB to RS232 Serial Null Modem Adapter Cable" purchased from Amazon.com. StarTech Part # ICUSB232FTN

One last piece of info. Right after loading the zones, I noticed it did not report their status correctly. Previously, I had my CADDX connected to a StarGate, and it was always necessary to change the status of at least one zone so that new status for all zones would be transmitted via the CADDX serial card to the client device. I did the same on HS3, and all of my zones then reported current status accurately.
                      Last edited by dzee; March 15, 2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                        I'm afraid, I then need your logging, ini file etc. See documentation how to do this.
                        I am not sure how to get the files you require and I have no idea where the "documentation" is. Where can I find this?

Comment

I am not sure how to get the files you require and I have no idea where the "documentation" is. Where can I find this?
                          If it's not in the HS3 Docs folder, look for a pdf in the Updater folder.
                          _
                          Attached Files
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I read the installation PDF in the folder Caddx3.0.0.0. It does not tell me how to access or find files Rien du Pre needs.

Comment

At the end of the doc !!!

Please report all issues with this version to me.
                              Sent an email with the description of the problem to email-address
                              Debugging will be much easier and faster if you also can supply me with the homeseer log (with the plug- in debug set to on ).
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Got it. Unfortunately, my log only goes back one day (35k entries). I fixed this six days ago so it is no longer in the log. I don't want to mess with my CADDX settings to try to recreate the problem. I am afraid it will take me another 3-4 days to fix it if it breaks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X