Monitoring HS3 log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitoring HS3 log

I've recently had a couple of attempted hacks to my system, which were fortunately unsuccessful and were in any case blocked by the Setup/Network settings I have made. However, this got me thinking and I'd like to be able to send myself an email when this sort of thing happens, even if only for info, rather than trawling the log on a regular basis. As far as I can see there's nothing in HS3 where I could configure this, so I wonder if instead a script could pick up specific log texts and perform an action - in this case send me an email? Since I've not done any scripting HS, any help or suggestions are most welcome.

Go to my site and take a look at "Jon00 Whois for Homeseer 3" under the Homeseer 3 downloads page. It creates 4 devices (Authorized, Guest, Failed & Blocked) detailing the IP addresses. You should be able to trigger on device value change for events etc.

I also have a Homeseer 3 log monitor package available.
    Jon

Comment

Hi Jon, many thanks for your quick reply. Your Log Monitor utility does exactly what I need, although in my first test, I did manage to create a great loop by naming my triggered event with a similar name to the string I was trapping - Duh!

Many thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X