Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my Aeon Z-stick broken?? If so what would you buy instead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my Aeon Z-stick broken?? If so what would you buy instead?

Hi,

About 3 weeks ago I installed 2 new Leviton light switch, unplugged my Aeon Z-Stick Z-wave USB adapter-S2 from the pc, turned it into add mode, then I activated both new switch next to it, the blue light turned solid for both and addition was successful.

Yesterday I basically tried the same, installed 2 new Leviton switch, activated the "add mode" of the USB stick but now, it just doesn't react when I activate any of the new switch.

Was wondering if the new switch were the problem so I went back to one of those I installed 3 weeks ago, I set the key to "delete mode" I successfully removed one of the 2 switch, but now I can't even add back this one!

Do you think I have to replace my usb stick? If I should, which product should I buy? I would really like to get something you can backup because re-adding all nodes to a new key sucks...

Thanks a lot!

I have been struggling with Aeon z-wave sticks for months, I couldn't get them to work reliably with HS3. I bought a second one, same problem, so no, your stick is probably not broken.
    I gave up and returned to X10, but as many people recommended the Zwave me uzb contoller I tried one. This was 5 weeks ago, works like a charm, not a problem since!
    Also, I was able to back up my Aeon stick and use that back up to restore my configuration to the Zwave.me without any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by WfromL View Post
      I gave up and returned to X10, but as many people recommended the Zwave me uzb contoller I tried one. This was 5 weeks ago, works like a charm, not a problem since!
      Thank you much, looks like I'm going to order one. But tell me, I'm looking at the manual and I can't find how you add a node to this one?

with the AEON you add the nodes to the key then you import into HS. It is different with this one?

thanks!

Comment

Well, I haven't changed anything to my z-wave network since I installed the zwave.me, I simply transferred the whole network using backup/ restore.
        I am away from home now, but I can have a look at the weekend.

Comment

If you're on the US freq, our SmartStick+ is your best bet. If you're on a non-US freq, then go with the Z-Wave.me UZB.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            If you're on the US freq, our SmartStick+ is your best bet. If you're on a non-US freq, then go with the Z-Wave.me UZB.
            Agree with Macromark, I'm in Europe and didn't consider Homeseer's own hardware.

Comment

Have you tried reflashing the firmware?

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                Have you tried reflashing the firmware?
                Yep, I updated the firmware and no luck ...

Comment

Thank you, I just watched the video on how to upgrade from the AEON to SmartStick+ and I'm pretty much convinced! ( I'm in Canada )

Just want to make sure, about adding new nodes, if my light switch aren't supporting the long range addition feature, will I still be able to add them when installing a new one? ( I can't move the PC around my house... ). I'm using VRS15 and DZS15 Leviton switches.

Thanks!

Comment

Looks like I can't order the SmartStick+ from Canada unless I pay $70 of shipping.... USPS would charge about $15 to ship it. No need to force Canadian to pay for overnight FedEx...

Comment

Originally posted by WfromL View Post
                      Well, I haven't changed anything to my z-wave network since I installed the zwave.me, I simply transferred the whole network using backup/ restore.
                      I am away from home now, but I can have a look at the weekend.
                      Just ordered the same key as you for $35 + 15.52 shipping to Canada. Will let you know how it went. Thanks!

Comment

Have you tried aartech.ca?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                          Have you tried aartech.ca?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
                          No, I had not, I'll keep this one on note for next time, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SleepWalker View Post
                            No, I had not, I'll keep this one on note for next time, thanks!
                            https://www.aartech.ca/homeseer-smartstick-plus
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by SleepWalker View Post
                              tell me, I'm looking at the manual and I can't find how you add a node to this one?

with the AEON you add the nodes to the key then you import into HS. It is different with this one?
                              Yes, it is much easier! You simply use the HomeSeer Z-wave interface/Actions drop down box, choose either add/include a node or remove/exclude a node. Tried half a dozen devices today, I found it also much more reliable than using the Aeon stick!

Comment

Working...
                              X