TCL Roku TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCL Roku TV

Will this allow for control of the TCL Roku Televisions? Currently controlling one via Globalcache but this looks like it would give me more options.

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
    Will this allow for control of the TCL Roku Televisions? Currently controlling one via Globalcache but this looks like it would give me more options.
    Right now it will give basic roku control. My mom has a Roku TV so I can add the controls specific to the RokuTVs. We have my daughter's baby shower this weekend, so if you give me a week and a half I'll try and get it added.

If you want to wait to start the trial until then, you don't have to waste any of the 30 days waiting on me.

Another option is that I could try and do it blind based off the API information and you could test it while on your trial, but that would be a lot of back and forth and most of my development time is after the kids go to sleep

Comment

I'm patient and can wait. I have basic control right now so no rush.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm patient and can wait. I have basic control right now so no rush.

Awesome. I will move it to the top of my list though. My mom only lives 2 blocks away, so it shouldn't be too hard to get it done

I've been wanting to buy a RokuTV as well for my office, so this might be a good opportunity to do so.

Comment

I was initially afraid since it's not a Sony or Vizio but Amazon has some really good prices on the TCLs right now. I've been impressed so far. Went from a 30" the size of my monitor to a 49". I can actually read stuff on the menus now lol.

Comment

Any update on the Roku TV control?

Mainly concerned as when I tell the plugin to rescan apps I get:

Code:
            Oct-02 6:02:41 PM	 	Error	Posting back to plugin web page MeiKu_Config: There is an error in XML document (5, 7).-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
            Oct-02 6:02:41 PM	 	MeiKu	Polling device for new Apps: 2N0058798056

Comment

Any update on the Roku TV control?

Mainly concerned as when I tell the plugin to rescan apps I get:

Code:
              Oct-02 6:02:41 PM	 	Error	Posting back to plugin web page MeiKu_Config: There is an error in XML document (5, 7).-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
              Oct-02 6:02:41 PM	 	MeiKu	Polling device for new Apps: 2N0058798056
              Hi there Sorry, I was not able to work for a while due to Hurricane Irma. We were without power for a week (Where I missed work). Then since being back at work, I've been slammed, and to top it off, our daughter gave birth to our first grandbaby last week!.

That said I'm back and I will see what I can come up with. I'll try and do it blind (without a RokuTV), and maybe I can send you a zip to test out? Have you paid for the plugin and if not, are you still in your trial period?

If the latter, I think you can email HST and ask them to extend it as I was unavailable due to the hurricane to support the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                Hi there Sorry, I was not able to work for a while due to Hurricane Irma. We were without power for a week (Where I missed work). Then since being back at work, I've been slammed, and to top it off, our daughter gave birth to our first grandbaby last week!.

That said I'm back and I will see what I can come up with. I'll try and do it blind (without a RokuTV), and maybe I can send you a zip to test out? Have you paid for the plugin and if not, are you still in your trial period?

If the latter, I think you can email HST and ask them to extend it as I was unavailable due to the hurricane to support the plugin.
                Sorry to hear about the power and not working. I know that wasn't much fun. I have family just north of Tampa so heard all about it. I spent a few days just north of there working right after Irma. Glad to hear your family is OK anyway.

Yes, I purchased it pretty recently. Would be happy to test as well.

Congrats on your first grandchild. My son finally got married and I have "grandchildren" ranging from 14 to 20. Love all of them but it's not the same. Guess I have to wait for my girls to have some babies.

Comment

Any updates on the TCL Roku TV Support?
                  I have 9 of the P605's and would so love to wire them into Homeseer.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by skavan View Post
                    Any updates on the TCL Roku TV Support?
                    I have 9 of the P605's and would so love to wire them into Homeseer.

Thanks.
                    Oh, it helps...there is api docs for the TV, here:

https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdk...uTVECPcommands

and here:

Code:
                    Roku TVs, also support:

VolumeDown
                      VolumeMute
                      VolumeUp
                      PowerOff

Roku TV devices also support changing the channel when watching the TV tuner input:

ChannelUp
                      ChannelDown

Roku TV devices also support keys to set the current TV input UI:

InputTuner
                      InputHDMI1
                      InputHDMI2
                      InputHDMI3
                      InputHDMI4
                      InputAV1

Comment

Originally posted by skavan View Post
                      Oh, it helps...there is api docs for the TV, here:

https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdk...uTVECPcommands

and here:

Code:
                      Roku TVs, also support:

VolumeDown
                        VolumeMute
                        VolumeUp
                        PowerOff

Roku TV devices also support changing the channel when watching the TV tuner input:

ChannelUp
                        ChannelDown

Roku TV devices also support keys to set the current TV input UI:

InputTuner
                        InputHDMI1
                        InputHDMI2
                        InputHDMI3
                        InputHDMI4
                        InputAV1
                      Yup, I have most of the buttons already coded in, I'm working on adding detection of the type of Roku device so I know it's a TV. I'm working a bit blind as I don't have one, but I've almost sold enough of the plugin to pay for one so I don't have to do it blind.

I'm gonna try and get something out for Roku TVs this week!

Comment

Yup, I have most of the buttons already coded in, I'm working on adding detection of the type of Roku device so I know it's a TV. I'm working a bit blind as I don't have one, but I've almost sold enough of the plugin to pay for one so I don't have to do it blind.

I'm gonna try and get something out for Roku TVs this week!
                        Can't wait!

Comment

@Skaven and @rmiles7721,

I got some time at my mom's house today to play with her Roku TV. I have the basic functionality working of controlling the extra TV controls (Volume Down/Up/Mute, Channel Up/Down, Power Off, Input Tuner/HDMI1/HDMI2/HTMI3/HDMI4/AV1 and Power Off)

I am working on Power On, but Roku does not provide an easy solution for this as they say they would rather turn off the network cards to save power than to keep it on for sending a power ON command through their API. I will try and provide some "Options" in the form of some beta features so I can add multiple different ways to try the Power On and we can see which way(s) work best.

If it is requested, I am also thinking of adding a control for the TV Channels. I can get a list of the TV Channels the roku recognizes and populate a control and/or device in Homeseer. I can also see which channel is active and retrieve some information on it such as Show Title, show description, rating, resolution, type, etc..

Comment

I have a question for those with Roku Tvs. Would you be ok with deleting the "control" device and letting the plugin recreate it for your Roku TVs (so that you'll get the TV controls added to the device) or would you rather I write something to automatically update the Control device with TV controls if it detects your Roku is Roku TV?

If it's the latter, It will probably take me an extra day or so, but I realize that is better for the user experience. I will probably add this eventually, but I'm trying to weight getting this out earlier vs. more complete.

Comment

I have a question for those with Roku Tvs. Would you be ok with deleting the "control" device and letting the plugin recreate it for your Roku TVs (so that you'll get the TV controls added to the device) or would you rather I write something to automatically update the Control device with TV controls if it detects your Roku is Roku TV?

If it's the latter, It will probably take me an extra day or so, but I realize that is better for the user experience. I will probably add this eventually, but I'm trying to weight getting this out earlier vs. more complete.
                              earlier wins!
                              normal way to wake up sleeping appliances is a Wake-On-Lan packet.
                              a device that allowed jumping to channels (netflix, amazon etc...) would be cool and as would input selection and volume selection as well.
                              Finally a remote device that sends home, back, etc... (and potentially keyboard letters too) would complete the set!

Comment

Working...
                              X