August Smart Lock Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Smart Lock Pro

I have the new August Pro (Z-wave enabled) smart lock installed. I was able to pair it by removing it from the door and placing it right next to my Homeseer PC. The lock includes "Doorsense" which is just a sensor you mount in the door casing that prevents the lock from locking while the door is open. It is actually a very clean install of a door status sensor and work very well in the August App. I would like to be able to use that door status in Homeseer but it unfortunately does not seem to be aware of the door position.

Here are the devices it created

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-31_9-20-35.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1211997

And here are the various status texts that it returns

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-31_9-21-21.png
Views:	1
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1211998

I reached out to August and their response is:

"Our DoorSense state (open/closed) is included over Z-Wave when a operation or status is requested. We are unable to guarantee that a Z-Wave hub will show it in their native app as we do not have control on how they handle this piece of information. "

Is this something that would have to be changed in the Z-wave plugin in Homeseer?

Has anyone else had luck making the DoorSense report in Homeseer?

I'd like to know as well. I've got it showing and working in HS3 as you have... would like the final piece as well... Also would like to know why its on S0 protocol instead of S2 (but I think that is due to the z-wave stick i have, Aotec Gen5).

Comment

Did you guys ever manage to get the Doorsense to work?

Comment

Mine does not show up under Notification but it does on the lock status itself and can be used in Events. I use either Manual or RF Operation and then and AND IF for the status.

Comment

Was anyone able to get the DoorSense working to show Open/Closed? bjhampe did you need to make changes to get it to appear in the lock status? No matter what, mine always shows No Status.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorEye View Post
            Was anyone able to get the DoorSense working to show Open/Closed? bjhampe did you need to make changes to get it to appear in the lock status? No matter what, mine always shows No Status.
            I did not have to do anything other than learn in the lock. I was using the latest Beta Z-Wave driver at the time however so maybe that is related.

Comment

Working...
            X