wireless propane sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless propane sensor

I finally found a sensor to monitor the level of proplane in the tanks and report. I wil have one this coming week and will report on how well it works and how to intregrate it with hs

zac
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Link?
    My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Speaking of vaporware
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ain't that what propane is - vapor ?
        Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

oops i though i had added the link:

http://www.lpgcentral.com/
          detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

CBL,
            How much was it if you don't mind me asking.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I took a quick look and I would assume that this transmitter attaches to an existing level gauge on the propane tank. Do most consumer type of propane tanks have level gauges?
              Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

zoomkat,
                The methodology to determine %full also was why I looked at their site. Still inconclusive on how they are doing it. I suspect their device screws into the pressure port and actually measures pressure in the tank. Lower fuel level = lower pressure.
                In their literature they say it magnetically sticks to the side of the tank...don't know if this is so mounting is easy, or if it detects a difference in temp below a certain point ie: a binary state of when to fill.

College - keep us in the loop. Also - did you buy both the transmitter and the receiver? or just the transmitter? How much?

Comment

Tank pressure will only tell you if the tank is either completely empty, or still has some liquid propane in it. There has been a long thread on this in the past. Large commercial tanks will probably have level gauges, but due to some complexity of the level determination, consumer grade tanks may not have them.
                  Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

I just contacted the company and was told they do not sell to consumers but only to Propane companies. They also said that the device will not work on propane cylinders for things like gas grills but only on large tanks for the entire house that a propane company would come and fill. They also indicated that it only transmitted the data to their computer via an 800 number.

It sounded interesting but not sure we will see it on the consumer side for home automation.

Comment

just got one.

here is the full information

www.centeron.net

the unit has 2 modes. modem where it will dial an 800# and send the data and serial mode ( this is the mode I use) basically it gets the data and sends it to hs via the serial cable.

the date is tank % and ambiant air temp

the wirless sendor is listed at $215.00 and the receiver is listed at $321.00

kinda pricy but usefull if you have a large propane tank and need to monitor it.

the unit ataches to the pressure gague already on the tank or you can get differnt sensors for it.

Comment

Do you have this scenario running? I didn't see any details on it on your profile page/links and was curious if it is working out OK. I'm new to HomeSeer and figuring out what is possible. Thanks.
                        just got one.

here is the full information

www.centeron.net

the unit has 2 modes. modem where it will dial an 800# and send the data and serial mode ( this is the mode I use) basically it gets the data and sends it to hs via the serial cable.

Comment

Working...
                        X