Sony XBR-75X940D Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk
    I just installed HS3 on a Windows VM (trial version) and loaded your plugin. The version of HS3 is 298. It works. I can add the remote, authenticate and control the TV. Looks like it's a mono issue on Linux. When I click the config button for the remote device it still goes to the 404 error page. Not sure it matters. Shame I really wanted to control my TV remote from HS3 and looks like Linux isn't fully working yet.

Do you think I could run this as a remote plugin? Not sure how to do it but I've read on the forum of running plugins on remote systems. Maybe that can work.

Comment

Originally posted by snhroc View Post
      I'm not actually getting a config screen - just the 404 error.

Here is the Debug Log

MediaController.ini
      which devices do you still have in the HS device management page? Did you delete devices manually from that page? If so, the HS DB and the PI ini file are out of sync. If you for example click on remove and than add, do you still have the issue?

On a different topic, I do see a bunch of errors around the CASA Server but we can deal with that later.

I do see the authentication button for the Sony TV, is that working?

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        Save the HS DB first, then delete it and start HS again.
        Delete all the hsd files in Data/? I saved a snapshot of my mono 4.x update so I can flip over to it and give it a shot then roll back.

denisl@p-vubuhs301:/home/hs3/HomeSeer/Data$ ls -l *hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2402304 Jul 21 18:08 HomeSeerData_10.hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2411520 Aug 12 06:51 HomeSeerData_1.hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2417664 Aug 22 04:43 HomeSeerData_2.hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2417664 Sep 10 07:15 HomeSeerData_3.hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2435072 Nov 11 06:58 HomeSeerData_4.hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2424832 Oct 22 05:23 HomeSeerData_5.hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2855936 Jan 1 13:36 HomeSeerData_6.hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2855936 Jan 2 12:03 HomeSeerData_7.hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2867200 Jan 2 20:43 HomeSeerData_8.hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2867200 Jan 2 21:12 HomeSeerData_9.hsd
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2872320 Jan 2 22:55 HomeSeerData.hsd
        -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10724352 Oct 12 2015 HomeSeerDataSTEF_1.hsd
        -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10724352 Oct 12 2015 HomeSeerDataSTEF.hsd

Comment

Originally posted by denisl View Post
          Dirk
          I just installed HS3 on a Windows VM (trial version) and loaded your plugin. The version of HS3 is 298. It works. I can add the remote, authenticate and control the TV. Looks like it's a mono issue on Linux. When I click the config button for the remote device it still goes to the 404 error page. Not sure it matters. Shame I really wanted to control my TV remote from HS3 and looks like Linux isn't fully working yet.

Do you think I could run this as a remote plugin? Not sure how to do it but I've read on the forum of running plugins on remote systems. Maybe that can work.
          I was about to suggest to try it under Windows, just to make sure the TV can be controlled else if would all be for naught. There is no config page for a remote, that is an oversight on my behalf.
          Yes you can run this PI remotely, you would leave your Windows based PC in the same subnet as your TV, it does require the HS subdirectory structure so I typically advice people to install HS on the windows machine, use the installer to install the PI, after all that is done, just stop HS and start the HSPI_SONOS.exe with parameters server=xx.xx.xx.xx which is the IP address of your Linux based HS device.

Give you just tried it on Windows, it should be easy to test the above

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by denisl View Post
            Delete all the hsd files in Data/? I saved a snapshot of my mono 4.x update so I can flip over to it and give it a shot then roll back.
            indeed the .hsd file(s), but before you go there, make sure you backup everything as a whole because .ini files and .hsd files must stay in sync.
            So if you delete the .hsd files, also delete the .ini file

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              I was about to suggest to try it under Windows, just to make sure the TV can be controlled else if would all be for naught. There is no config page for a remote, that is an oversight on my behalf.
              Yes you can run this PI remotely, you would leave your Windows based PC in the same subnet as your TV, it does require the HS subdirectory structure so I typically advice people to install HS on the windows machine, use the installer to install the PI, after all that is done, just stop HS and start the HSPI_SONOS.exe with parameters server=xx.xx.xx.xx which is the IP address of your Linux based HS device.

Give you just tried it on Windows, it should be easy to test the above

Dirk
              This worked. I went to the windows box, shutdown HS3 and then started the plugin from the command line with the server=192.168.1.40 option.

Curious -how does that work? When my 192.168.1.40 HS3 server sees in incoming plugin connection it takes priority over the local plugin? Because I had to have the plugin enabled, which read the local .exe file. Then I started the remote plugin and it seems to have booted the local plugin because things started working.

Thanks very much Dirk for all your help and time troubleshooting this. Hopefully we'll see this working natively in Linux soon.

Comment

Preshared Key for Sony XBR

Any chance to get this plugin to support the Preshared Key instead of requiring authentication? The authentication method seems to break frequently where nothing works at all until you unload the reload the plugin. Other times commands sometimes just seemed to be dropped but a day later start working again.

It seems to me the preshared key would avoid this as this never changes (thus no need for authentication or re-authentication).

Comment

Originally posted by pberens View Post
                  Any chance to get this plugin to support the Preshared Key instead of requiring authentication? The authentication method seems to break frequently where nothing works at all until you unload the reload the plugin. Other times commands sometimes just seemed to be dropped but a day later start working again.

It seems to me the preshared key would avoid this as this never changes (thus no need for authentication or re-authentication).
                  Preshared key??
                  Unless there is another mechanism, all these TVs, be it Sony, Samsung, LG have specific remote control mechanisms that need to be followed. I'm only aware of one mechanism for this kind of Sony, which is based on an authentication cookie which has an expiration date. Maybe there is an issue with that.

Which version of the PI? Which OS? Do you run this on a device that goes to sleep (laptop) or on a dedicated machine? Next time it happens, can you first check your log whether you find a warning on expired authentication cookie. Maybe search log for prior errors. Turn debug flag on, issue some remote commands, post the log, and provide screenshot of device table.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                  X