X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I have started to see a few Nest errors lately. My log from today:

Code:
    Feb-19 4:11:51 PM	 	Error	Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Nest:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Feb-19 4:11:21 PM	 	Error	Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Nest:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Feb-19 4:10:50 PM	 	Error	Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Nest:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Feb-19 3:11:37 PM	 	Error	Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Nest:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Feb-19 3:10:33 PM	 	Error	Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Nest:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    I have sent you (spud) the debug log by PM.

Restarted plug-in. Now getting

Feb-19 5:57:31 PM Nest ERROR Cannot find thermostat 3nCd1k7AYif8r-6yLebaAQ_VumSUMP-v

I see that you recommended to someone with a similar problem to delete the Nest devices in HS and let them be recreated by the plug-in after a restart. I would very much like to avoid doing that since my devices are used in a LOT of events and they would (presumably) all need to be fixed after they are recreated.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Installed beta 23. Still have the problem, but new error logs might be more useful.

Code:
      Feb-19 6:21:04 PM	 	Nest	DEBUG Method: GET, RequestUri: 'https://developer-api.nest.com/.json?auth=c.buty4iM4rZ1X4CcF0pD4Evm59ls7uo1ArTH2CHPMl5Zpv5407e1fyDdoSYjymHUosNZFrQwKoPd5dWJXqJeML45B4EIrP4jT0DUUFrukV2RNZW8jcKekgWxKslVa63qD4xrs90lG00VFb5Oj', Version: 1.1, Content: , Headers: { Accept: text/event-stream }
      Feb-19 6:20:59 PM	 	Nest	DEBUG Retrying in 5 seconds...
      Feb-19 6:20:59 PM	 	Nest	DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.<---
      Feb-19 6:19:59 PM	 	Nest	DEBUG Method: GET, RequestUri: 'https://developer-api.nest.com/.json?auth=c.buty4iM4rZ1X4CcF0pD4Evm59ls7uo1ArTH2CHPMl5Zpv5407e1fyDdoSYjymHUosNZFrQwKoPd5dWJXqJeML45B4EIrP4jT0DUUFrukV2RNZW8jcKekgWxKslVa63qD4xrs90lG00VFb5Oj', Version: 1.1, Content: , Headers: { Accept: text/event-stream }
      Feb-19 6:19:58 PM	 	Nest	ERROR Cannot find thermostat 3nCd1k7AYif8r-6yLebaAQ_VumSUMP-v
      Feb-19 6:19:58 PM	 	Device Control	Device: Upstairs Nest Target Temperature Low to - (1000) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Feb-19 6:19:54 PM	 	Nest	DEBUG Retrying in 5 seconds...
      Feb-19 6:19:54 PM	 	Nest	DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.<---
      Feb-19 6:18:59 PM	 	Nest	ERROR Cannot find thermostat 3nCd1k7AYifNbUC0v7Nvcw_VumSUMP-v
      Feb-19 6:18:59 PM	 	Device Control	Device: Main Nest Target Temperature High to - (1000) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

... and then it started working again just like the other poster with the same issue.

Comment

Working...
        X