No announcement yet.

Cooper Keypad Scene Indicator Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, this question has come up enough that I went and found the thread for you; this is a very good explanation of how to set these up. https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137830. Pay attention to the details; you must follow every step precisely. While it's painful, my keypads have worked flawlessly ever since.

However, to make the LED lights work properly, you must also update HSTouch as noted in one of the post in this thread. At the time, HomeSeer directed me to a beta version, but perhaps They have included it in the standard updates now.
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Indicator light problem solved a few weeks ago.
      I ended up calling HomeSeer support, they had me upgrade my z-Wave plugin to a version from the beta section.
      3.0.1.102: Z-Wave

But I also optimized the z-wave network and probably reenrolled the buttons in the process as well as Sheriff suggested.

This doesn't help Bacon though because he's at a higher version.

My Current system
      Current Date/Time: 3/29/2017 11:01:30 AM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.312
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station
      System Uptime: 14 Days 7 Hours 0 Minutes 35 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.0.12
      Number of Devices: 210
      Number of Events: 50
      Available Threads: 200
      Enabled Plug-Ins
      3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
      1.0.2.0: MyS0mfy
      3.0.0.21: Sonos
      3.0.1.102: Z-Wave

Bacon, I studied the log file to see what was going on, have you looked at that when you press the buttons?
      Last edited by BlueOceanIT; March 29, 2017, 01:29 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Update: I swapped out the switch with one that has a newer version of the firmware, 2.5 apparently.

I'm still in the same boat with the same issue. If I turn on too many of the LED's they refuse to line up properly.

I followed the steps in the post Sheriff linked, but they don't quite line up with how things go in HS3. Here's how I've interpreted them.

1. Add the device securely - this creates all of the child devices automatically now
        2. Go to the root device's Z-wave tab, drop down associations
        3. With Group 1 Device set to controlled as HomeSeer (default) click Add Association - Note that red text on this page specifically says not to do this and manage each button individually.
        4. Create some dummy events for each scene button for Scene On/Off - Just used Wait 1 second as the action
        5. Go to each individual scene button's Z-wave tab and add a blank scene:
        a. Drop down Settings
        b. Leave all of these options defaulted, Manually Configure Scene Here, Scene Number, Instant Ramp Rate, change nothing
        c. Click Save Scene Changes, notice success message

After completing these steps, I'm still in the same boat.
        If I turn all of the scenes on, one at a time from HS3, I'm good for 1-3. As soon as I turn on 4, LEDs go out of sync. LED 4 turns on, LED 3 turns off. Continuing and turning on 5 has LED 3 come back on but LED 4 goes back out with LED 5 turning on. At this point, controlling from either place has unpredictable results on which LED will turn on or off depending on which scene I turn on or off from either the keypad or HS3 itself.

I've even downgraded back to Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.87 and back up to 3.0.1.110.

Looking at the log, it appears to follow the device status as far as HS3 displays it. When I press a button on the switch but the corresponding device doesn't toggle in HS3, I don't see any log entries. This is actually worse than before. At least then every button press would be acknowledged in someway, even if incorrectly.

I have not yet viewed the Z-wave plugin debug log. Perhaps that's next.

I'd also be interested to try version 102 of the Z-wave plugin, maybe the bug was re-introduced in my later version? Grabbing at straws at this point I suppose.

Through all of this, it has me wondering why someone hasn't come out with a simple in wall remote with addressable LEDs that is a simple device on/off toggle. I understand the usefulness of built in scenes and device associations, but when you have something as powerful as HS3 on the back end, it doesn't need to be that complicated at the switch.

Comment

Working...
        X