Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning Device on Once only

Hello all
    i have a question regarding turning on/off devices (regular and virtual)

i have a few set of rules regarding AC Temp settings.
    i set a few events :
    19 degrees
    24 degrees
    25 degrees

each one sends the correct string of IR to the AC and turns a virtual device called "Virtual device - Parents AC" to On status so i can track if the AC is on or off.

now one rule as also :
    if "Virtual device - Parents AC" has become ON
    or pressing Button 4 on the keypad

run event"24 degrees"
    turn on device:
    Keypad button 4
    virtual device - parents AC

do not repeat this event for 5 seconds.
    this is for turning on the AC via amazon echo,pushing the AC button on the HSTOUCH page or turning on the AC via insteon keypad

now logic says that if the event "19 degrees" is run, the virtual device will turn on and will run the event that will set it to 24 degrees.

is there a way to turn on the "virtual device - parents AC" without triggering the second event?
    thanks

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
    is there a way to turn on the "virtual device - parents AC" without triggering the second event?
    I'm sure there is, but more information is necessary if you are looking for a description of how to do it.

It would help if you post screen shots of your events so we can see how they are constructed.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
    X