No announcement yet.

HomeSeer EnOcean plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wilme2 have you contacted the developer of the plugin and offered your help?

I am sure he is not following this thread, so you need to write directly to him.

Comment

Originally posted by wilme2 View Post
      No activity on PIRs o this thread, so I am not yet moving to HomeSeer. I might buy a license at the next sale, but until EnOcean occupancy sensors are supported, HomeSeer won't do what I need it to...
      Hi,

Have you tried installing the plugin and tested with pir to see what happens ? If you enable console (developer mode) for plugins in HS3 and send me copy of the output when the PIR is triggered, then I might be able to quickly add support for PIR. If it's more complicated I might need additional debug or worst case a device for testing.

---
      Nicolai

Ps. if you are a developer and knows c# then the plugin is opensource and you should be able to hack pir support yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberDuck View Post
        Hi,

Have you tried installing the plugin and tested with pir to see what happens ? If you enable console (developer mode) for plugins in HS3 and send me copy of the output when the PIR is triggered, then I might be able to quickly add support for PIR. If it's more complicated I might need additional debug or worst case a device for testing.

---
        Nicolai

Ps. if you are a developer and knows c# then the plugin is opensource and you should be able to hack pir support yourself.
        I haven't. I really want to know this will work before I commit to HomeSeer. With others like Zipato supporting EnOcean, I am surprised there isn't more interest...

Comment

I've just bough an enocean dongle so will update you next week on how I get on

Comment

Works Well

I bought the USB Dongle, plugged it into HS3, Grabbed an industrial EnOcean Switch from work.
            within 10 seconds it is working like a dream.

It appears as a 4 button switch even though its a single button switch. But I have to say I'm impressed.

EnOcean is brilliant. I really hope this becomes part of HomeSeer.

The MK Echo range would make light switches in the house sooooo easy.

Comment

I can't get the plugin to work with Linux, works fine with windows.

In Linux installs fine but won't see the devices.

Comment

Originally posted by gd1210 View Post
                I can't get the plugin to work with Linux, works fine with windows.

In Linux installs fine but won't see the devices.
                Hi,

The project is open source and can be found here:
                https://github.com/NicolaiPetri/HS3_EnOcean_Plugin

but it should support Linux fine, but you need to make sure that the plugin / homeseer has access to the serial port also.

You could try (as a test) to do a chmod 777 /dev/{name_of_enocean_serial_device} and see if controller then shows up.

If not working then I will try to investigate further.

Good luck,
                Nicolai

Comment

Originally posted by CyberDuck View Post
                  Hi,

The project is open source and can be found here:

https://github.com/NicolaiPetri/HS3_EnOcean_Plugin

but it should support Linux fine, but you need to make sure that the plugin / homeseer has access to the serial port also.

You could try (as a test) to do a chmod 777 /dev/{name_of_enocean_serial_device} and see if controller then shows up.

If not working then I will try to investigate further.

Good luck,

Nicolai

Thanks

I'll give that a try.
                  I do think the plug in is brilliant. Obviously needs development but when I tried it on windows it worked straight away.
                  Enocean is the way forward

Comment

Hi Nicolai
                    The controller is seen but can see any devices.
                    I have the controller on ttyUSB0.
                    The chmod 777 /dev/ttyUSB0 doesn't seem to have had any effect.
                    I'll try a reboot tonight.

Comment

Bugs / Feature requests

Hi,

If you have problems with this plugin then please add your problems in the Github issue list which can be found here:

https://github.com/NicolaiPetri/HS3_..._Plugin/issues

Patches are also welcome but not required

---
                      Nicolai

Comment

Hello

Im new at this forum, and Im e newbie :P

can I use this plugin on my hometroller SEL?
                        If I can, how do I do it?
                        Do I need to copy the files from a USB drive into the SEL?

Best regards
                        Arve

Comment

Very interested in this plugin, but I see on github that the last update was in 2015. Is this plugin still being developed?
                          Specifically, I wonder if the SDO 2-1 windows/door sensor from NodOn is supported/will be supported?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy81 View Post
                            Very interested in this plugin, but I see on github that the last update was in 2015. Is this plugin still being developed?

Specifically, I wonder if the SDO 2-1 windows/door sensor from NodOn is supported/will be supported?

I use it, it works well. I have tried a few items and all worked.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X